Dino seatbelts? | FerrariChat

Dino seatbelts?

Discussion in '206/246' started by nerodino, Jan 28, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nerodino

nerodino Formula 3
    BANNED

May 19, 2005
    Suffolk UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    #1 nerodino, Jan 28, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi, can somebody tell me as to whether or not my belts are correct for a 1974 Dino, I have a suspicion that they're not.
    Graham.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

They aure don't look anything like the belts in my '72.

Mine are three piece, with an interlocking attachment for the shoulder harness so that they can be used with or without it.

Wish I could show you a picture, but, as you know, mine is in bits and pieces right now.

If you need the right stuff, I may have a guy on your side of the pond who xan help.

dave

3. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    those belts are wrong. the 74 has a two piece belt (no shoulder strap)

4. nerodino

nerodino Formula 3
    BANNED

May 19, 2005
    Suffolk UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Thanks guys as i suspected, more hunting down of parts! can anyone post a pic of the correct type or Dave who do you know?
    Graham.

5. Tabletcounter

Tabletcounter Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 30, 2005
    Cheshire UK
    Full Name:
    John
    #5 Tabletcounter, Jan 28, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. nerodino

nerodino Formula 3
    BANNED

May 19, 2005
    Suffolk UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    John,
    That does it i'm on the case! company advertising in Classic and Sportscar say's they do classic belts will phone them tommorow.
    Graham.

7. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Hmm, my 73 GTS has a shoulder strap (that separately attaches to the lap belt) and I can't imagine a U.S. model back then without a shoulder strap.

Mark

8. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

1968 was the first year seatbelts with shoulder harnesses were required in US cars. FRONT SEATS ONLY. Back seats could have lap belts only.

Trivia question.

Which car was the first to provide seat belts as standard equipment, and in what year.

DM

9. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    the 72 and 73 model have the shoulder belts. the 74 model does not. this is even reflected in the "additional instructions" booklet that came with the owners manuals.

i agree is seems unrealistic to think that the sholder belt was stopped from being used, but it was. i can't imagine any reason why it would be discontinued, it doesn't make much sense. there had to be a decent reason to justify the changes, even in terms of printing.

10. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    tucker? 1948?

11. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

WELL, gollllleeeee, I guess I should have been MORE SPECIFIC and said that I couldn't imagine a car in 1974 that didn't have shoulder belts for the FRONT SEATS, in the event that anyone reading this thread thought I was talking about a 4 seat Dino or a Dino station wagon.

Ohh, wait a minute . . . someone on FCHAT WILL probably come up with proof of a Dino station wagon with a serial number . . . .

12. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Ahh......

The sarcasm gene is strong in this one.....

the 308GT4 DINO!!!

DM

13. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sarcasm?

OK, where's that Dino 246GT station wagon?

14. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    not that i can say that i know of a dino station wagon, but frankly, i don't know of any truely modified dino's other than one sthat were made into track cars. sheehan had one a while back that used the trunk as part of the engine compartment and the trunk lid was one in the same with the engine lid. i have never seen a dino that was chopped to not have the basket handle gts roof. i do know of one coupe that was converted to a gts, and done so very well. other than those, i would be curious to see what is out there.

15. Pantdino

Pantdino Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Full Name:
    Jim
    My Euro delivery 1971 GT has a single metal piece to which both shoulder and lap belt attach. Both belts have inertia reels. These fasten into a long flexible metal piece with thin flexible vinyl covering that arises from the inboard mounting point. The pieces all look very period.

Jim