ever see these speedlines on a 512/512M | FerrariChat

ever see these speedlines on a 512/512M

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by JimSchad, Mar 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JimSchad

JimSchad Guest

2. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    I've seen those rims on a special limited run of 348s that were for Europe-only. 348 GTC maybe? I know someone on the chat that lives in the UK has a red one with those wheels. They look awesome on the car. Also, I think that a Japan-only run of 512 TRs might have gotten those rims also. All were around 1993-94 production.

3. Ira Schwartz

Ira Schwartz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2003
    Brooklandville, MD
    Full Name:
    Ira Schwartz
    Yes, those do look like the rims on the rare, Euro-only 348 Competizione. Saw one in Monaco once and it was quite nice. I'm aware of the special Japanese-market 512 but haven't seen one, so I can't comment on what sort of wheels they have.

4. evandaalen

evandaalen Formula 3
    Consultant

Feb 7, 2004
    Deventer, NL
    Full Name:
    Edvar van Daalen
    Hi Ira, good to see you here ;-)

There were indeed 15 cars special made for the Japanese market, to celebrate that Cornes & Co. was the importer in Japan for 15 years. This type was called "512 TR Speciale". All were dark red and indeed fitted with special wheels. I should have a few pictures of the 512 TR Speciale, but my "archive" is a real mess right now. But from memory, these wheels indeed looked like the ones on the pictures over here.

I recently started to work again on my "Testarossa stuff" (www.red-headed.com), so maybe I will find the images soon .... :)

Grtx, Edvar

5. Ira Schwartz

Ira Schwartz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2003
    Brooklandville, MD
    Full Name:
    Ira Schwartz
    I defer to Edvar's vastly greater wisdom, expecially on matters involving TRs.

6. evandaalen

evandaalen Formula 3
    Consultant

Feb 7, 2004
    Deventer, NL
    Full Name:
    Edvar van Daalen
    I just found my pictures of the 512 TR Speciale. And the wheels indeed look the same as the ones on Ebay. Best regards, Edvar

7. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Edvar, can you post the images?