Exclusive Motorcars of Arizona | FerrariChat

Exclusive Motorcars of Arizona

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by climbernyc, Nov 13, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. climbernyc

climbernyc Karting

Aug 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Wanted to share the amazing experience I had with Steve and Klarissa. I was looking at a local 550 (I live in NY). They did a detailed PPI, Steve FaceTimed me to show me everything, and they gave me an estimate to remedy the potential issues. I purchased the car and sent it to them for some work-annual service, sticky buttons, powder coating the wheels, new tires, fixing the brakes and more. They were an absolute pleasure to deal with and treated me like family. They did everything they promised and the quality of the work is superb. I wish we had shops like this near me! I may have to buy another F car in AZ in the spring just to work with them again!
    [email protected] 480.225.7125

bball16, enio45 and technom3 like this.
  2. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Steve is an awesome guy and I highly recommend him to anyone. Solid guy with solid work. Remember good work takes time... And he gives you great work.

3. Richard Bailey

Jul 14, 2018
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Full Name:
    Richard Bailey
    I’ve been dealing with Steve at EMC for years, my Ferrari’s were restored with him: 67 330 GT, 77 308 GTB, 73 365 GT4 2+2 etc
    My vintage Porsches and Alfas also go with him... he’s a solid humble guy and I’ve had nothing but amazing experiences with him and his team, I’ve won platinum in national Ferrari events thanks to his advanced workmanship and attention to detail on my car collection.... he’s even helped me with a couple of vintage motorcycles
    I was pleased to see him mentioned on this forum, we never give credit when credit is due, people only mention the bad experiences.... anyway, that was my 2 cents about my dealings with this amazing Ferrari (among other marques) restorer that I even ran into in the summer of 2019 in Carmel/Monterey when he was judging a very prestigious Concours d’Élegance... he’s too modest to say these sound bites or act busy when you drop by his facility but I’m doing it for him

climbernyc likes this.
  4. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Great guy - excellent service!

5. Rlurie1

Rlurie1 Rookie

Dec 5, 2020
    Full Name:
    Ryan Lurie
    I’m looking at purchasing a 2015 California T here in Scottsdale. As a first time Ferrari purchaser, should I get a PPI done or have the Ferrari dealership inspect it if I want to buy a power warranty? Does the PPI allow a warranty to be purchased or does the Ferrari dealer still need to do one? If I have the service records from the dealer and the car was “inspected” prior to putting it for sale on the lot, would you still have a PPI done from a third party? Car is still under the maintenance warranty as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    I dont have your answer, but steve is honest as they come - give him a call and see what he thinks would be your best avenue.

7. Zanny1

Zanny1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Is the car mentioned in your post on the lot at the Ferrari dealer?
    Kinda difficult to understand what you are asking.

8. Rlurie1

Rlurie1 Rookie

Dec 5, 2020
    Full Name:
    Ryan Lurie
    Sorry about that, the car is being sold at a Porsche dealership, but owned by the same company as the Ferrari dealer which is next door. The car has been serviced at the Ferrari dealer next door throughout its life and the Porsche dealership was able to provide service records from the Ferrari dealer to me. Car has had its leather dash shrinkage fixed prior, an oil leak from a failed crush washer and the annual maintenance items.

I wanted to add the power warranty but to do so requires an inspection from the Ferrari Dealer, which isn’t available until February 1st. I wanted to get a PPI done by Steve prior to purchasing but wasn’t sure if I should still do that if I’m going to have Ferrari inspect it to get the Power warranty? Obvious answer seems to be yes, have a third party inspect it, but wasn’t sure how others felt? Or what is your thoughts on paying for the warranty and having future work required to be done at the dealer vs not paying for a warranty and using Steve for future repairs that may come up?

9. Zanny1

Zanny1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Mike
    If it was my choice, I'd skip the warranty purchase and have an independent do the PPI as well as the service work. There have been several posts here about using the dealership for service. Good luck with whatever path you choose.

10. otoupalik

otoupalik Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 22, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Brad Otoupalik
    These guys are like WALKING distance from my office (well one of their two shops). They seem awesome. We send the 550 somewhere else as I didn't know about them before, but I am contemplating switching over to them.