Ferrari Enzo "Pace Car" GT 1/18 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Enzo "Pace Car" GT 1/18

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by Ferraricorner.com, Jan 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Oh, man...! Who makes these...? Did you make it or will it be in stores...? This is awesome...! A definite addition to the collection, for sure...!

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Not sure whether I should get all exited over this one:

What is the background of this model? Is there a real Enzo looking like that? If not, this is just a kid's fantasy.

3. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Yeah, i know...! :)

4. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I bought one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3167905030&category=2565

The model I got was the black and silver (which is odd to begin with, looks more like a NY cop car) and had some silly stickers all over it. Still trying to peel them off. They're even harder to get off than a Chicago city sticker...

Eventually I will end up respraying the model in just black or red.

Maybe I'm a bit too a_nal about this, but I don't see the point in putting stickers onto models if they don't try to represent an existing car in the real world.

5. #7 Ferraricorner.com, Jan 8, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    the background for the 6 series + the Pace car is not Fantasie. The Background is the Car vom Juli 2003. The Original Enzo GT st driven into Spa. We can show you gladly pictures. ORIGINAL PICTURES. We manufactured also only 10 pieces of each model. We would like this series remain exclusive. And the Modena König, the F40 Hamann, the F40LM, Modena GT #63 + #62, and, and, and ... from our Website - all fantasie ? - do you really think that?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
  7. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Wer wird denn gleich in die Luft gehen? Rauchen wir doch erstmal eine HB!

No offense guys. If these are truly based on real world cars, then that is definitely a superfind for any serious collector. It's just that I have seen too many fake models, that stickers alone don't get me exited anymore. If you have pictures of the real car, by all means post them. No doubt people will buy them.

I'm always happy and open to new model sources of cars we haven't seen before.

PS: For a long time I didn't want to buy the Mattel 360 Challenge car with the Mattel sponsorship (flames etc) on it, thinking it had to be some child's fantasy. Well, I was wrong. That car does exist, so I caved in.
    :)

8. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Well the price wasn't that bad. The stickers are, but I like a modeler's challenge. Have to also repaint the interior, kinda wrong too. The worst is actually the engine bay: Instead of an engine there is a picture...

The car does run, but not that great. Worst is the lousy turn radius. So I'll end up using the skin on a generic R/C car.

BTW: I also bought the 360 Challenge car. Same manufacturer. Same deal, but no stickers, but an even worse interior. Another modeler's challenge and another skin for a generic R/C car.