Fuel pump braided hose size | FerrariChat

Fuel pump braided hose size

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by c4b4the04, Jun 25, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. c4b4the04

c4b4the04 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2017
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Cassidy
    Hi all,

I’m ordering a new tank crossover hose and I’d like to replace the tank to pump braided hoses. Does anyone know what size that hose is, or have a good source for replacement hose? The part in the diagram looks quite a bit longer than mine and I can’t imagine two sections of rubber hose should be $150 usd.

I’ll be installing new pumps and I’d like to do it all at once. Thanks in advance!

Cassidy

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I remember one of those y hoses was totally absurd to replace, unless you wanted to go silicone which I did not. Was only available from dealer for like $300

3. 302Tim

302Tim Formula 3

Jul 2, 2011
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Tim
    My reference shows that hose (PN 122736) to have an ID of 15mm, OD of 23mm, a length of 78mm, and has a molded 23 degree bend. I suspect you can use a straight hose for that application but have never tried.

c4b4the04 likes this.
  4. c4b4the04

c4b4the04 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2017
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Cassidy
    Thank you, I found some 14mm online, unfortunately it’s been a week for ‘speedy’ delivery. As soon as it arrives I’ll take photos. New crossover hose for the tanks delivered last week. It’ll all be new and fresh soon. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. c4b4the04

c4b4the04 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2017
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Cassidy
    Quick update:

The MESSIEST job on the planeT!!! I didn't buy a new crush washer for the tank drain, so I opted to remove the balance pipe hose slowly. What a BAD decision! I smelled of gas for days. Get the washer, drain the tanks that way instead.

Found the braided hose (14mm iirc) and it was around $30 USD. Reasonable, easy to use and cut. Fit perfectly. Both pumps, fuses and relays replaced. Smooth idle and I swear I feel an increase in overall performance (probably trying to make my wallet feel better).

https://www.belmetric.com/

They have a lot of interesting hardware, and the quality of the hose is excellent. Good customer service when the package got "delayed"....that is the new word for delivery services blowing it, even when you pay for expedited shipping!

Best,
    Cassidy

6. c4b4the04

c4b4the04 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2017
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Cassidy
  7. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    and when you are not lucky the thread in the aluminum pipe will get destroyed or even you can not open the screw without bending the pipe an dthen need a new fuel tank

easier but take a little longer ( depends on how much fuel you have inside ) is to empty the tanks with one or with both fuel pumps. remove the fuel pump relais and jump the 2 connectors.

c4b4the04 likes this.