General Configuration List | FerrariChat

General Configuration List

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by logansc, Sep 30, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. logansc

logansc Rookie

May 3, 2017
    Is there a resource somewhere that identifies modern Ferrari's as to belt or chain and engine-in or engine-out?Ferrari has changed back and forth a couple of times themselves, I'm wondering if anyone can point me to a reference for the above?

Thanks!

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Welcome: no specific resource that I am aware of but in the modern era belts from 308 up to 360 (V8) but later for V12 (599 I think) - engine out only for 348/355/Mondial T

No doubt someone will correct me and/or split hairs

3. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin

They haven't really gone back and forth.

V8s have belts until the 430.

V12s I guess you could argue it... But that's kinda ridiculous as you aren't really cross shopping them.

The v12s need belts from the flat 12 and up is a good way to remember it.

Also doing belts on a v12 is not engine out. On a flat 12 is.

That's about the quickest way to come up with jt

4. logansc

logansc Rookie

May 3, 2017
    Thanks for the information everyone... I read on this Forum that Ferrari had changed back and forth a couple of times (had no independent information myself). Sorry if I confused anyone.

5. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    What about cam seals and valve adjustments ? i know that on the 3x8s it can be done without taking the motor out . I also believe that with the 355 the valves dont need to be adjusted , not sure about cam seals ?? What about the flat 12s and V 12s as far as valves and cam seals ? Im sure all the info is somewhere here