Gm is going to start putting GM on all of their Brands | FerrariChat

Gm is going to start putting GM on all of their Brands

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by yesod, Apr 14, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. yesod

yesod Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Lakeland,fl
    Full Name:
    Keith
  2. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    The point is GM is going to use GM as the umbrella brand and relegate the various nameplates to the role of sub brand.

How they restructure their platforms will be key to pulling this off.

3. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    I'm definitely buying one now!

4. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Urotrash buying a car?

Bwaahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Big mistake. It would make sense for GM to send badges for the dealers to install that say -- Toyota.

GM is toast. If you think Fiat has problems...

6. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Uhhh, well it *was* a joke!

7. mbmike

mbmike Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    This just in!

APRIL 14, 2005
    G.M Declares Bankruptcy

Due to a severely stupid business move, General Motors has decided to declare bankruptcy. A head executive was heard saying "I guess they don't want our stuff after all."

8. r00t61

r00t61 Rookie

Nov 26, 2004
    San Diego
    What's even more depressing is the fact that Mark LaNeve, who is group vice president for vehicle sales, service and marketing for North America, and used to be Cadillac general manager, and IMO did a great job of turning that marque around, is the ringleader of this stupid circus.

I now know the very first mod I will be making to my C6 Z06. Hair dryer, here I come.

9. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    This is totally a shameless plug... but I have a forum dedicated to the auto industry (http://www.autoindustryforum.com), and I have a thread there about this very topic. I'd love anyone here who's interested or involved in the industry to stop by and post your thoughts.

[/End Plug] Thanks!

-Mark

10. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I think this is a horrible idea. Saab owners don't want to be affiliated with Saturn and Pontiac.

I have come to the conclusion that except for a small handful of cars like the Corvette, Hummer and a few Caddies, GM cars are for people who are not interested in cars. They're just buying transportation.

They're lucky I'm not CEO. I'd immediately kill Buick, Olds (already gone really), GMC and Pontiac and reorganize everything under Chevy, Caddy, Hummer and SAAB.

Saturn, I don't know - I'd like to kill it but people have bought into their marketing (old people especially). I had one to drive for 3 months and hated it even though it was brand new. Cheap, plastic feel all around and couldn't make a U-turn at all the radius was so wide.

11. sampson

sampson Karting

Dec 22, 2004
    near Detroit, MI
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I don't know why they want to associate their cars further. I mean, all their cars look alike, with exceptions of Corvette, Caddy, and Hummer. They should kill Buick, it's dead weight. Pontiac, I'd hate to see it go, hopfully the Solstice is a hit. Saturn I'd kill, but it seems like it could possibly rebound. GM is really in deep trouble right now(understatment of the year).

I'm putting faith in Bob Lutz. The cars that he created from beginning to end are going to hit the streets come summer, starting with the Solstice. If that launch goes well, then maybe GM can pull out of this.

12. yesod

yesod Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Lakeland,fl
    Full Name:
    Keith