Hello, I'm new here. | FerrariChat

Hello, I'm new here.

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by AlexKim, Nov 12, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AlexKim

AlexKim Rookie

Nov 12, 2003
    Hello,

I have been visiting this site when time allow it.

Lately it has changed very much! It look like I have to register to see certain pictures. So I figured I register, and since I am registering I should post something.

I live in Taiwan and go back and forth between home and the United States. I have a 550 Maranello which I am trading in for a 575 soon, a 360 which I want to trade in for a Challenge Stradale. I have other cars you guys probably don't care to know about. Not many good roads here, but I am thinking of buying the replacements in the United States where roads are better to driving.

I hope to have a good time with people here.

ABK

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Welcome to the site Alex, we would love to hear about your other cars. You can fill out your profile at User CP - Profile. There's even a field for "Other Cars Owned".

3. Ron328

Ron328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2003
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Welcome aboard!

4. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    Welcome to Fchat. Post some pics of your Ferrari's if you don't mind:)

5. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    I'm interested in your other cars :)

6. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    I just want to see pictures. I like pictures. :)

7. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Alex,

Welcome to THE community. What part of Taiwan?

8. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    hi ALEXKIM!!! and welcome to the board..... there are a great many people here full of great knowledge and expierence. this is a great place to be.... WELCOME.... and we love ferrari pics so please feel free to share some of your car!!!!!

9. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Alex, you are one brave guy to own and drive Ferraris in Taiwan!

10. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Hey alex,
    welcome to FerrariChat. what part of taiwan do you live in? I'll be heading back there this christmas... I'd love to meet up and see your 550 while I'm in town! (I've spotted Ferrari's in Tatung before but always thought that it was WAY too difficult to own a car like that there... roads are small, low speed limits, and tight parking!)

Drop me an email sometime. [email protected]

Byron

11. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Aside from road condition, the big problem is crime. Vandalism, kidnapping, and extortion are the biggest ones. There was a time when driving a Mercedes to the country club was likely to get you robbed or, worse, killed. A lot of corporate bigwigs in Taiwan started to "downsize" their cars and drive more modest, anonomous vehicles. It's been a few years since I've been there, but things might be better now. Still, I think driving anything fancy in Taiwan is just asking for trouble.