Heritage Classics Hollywood - any experience from Ferrari Chat members | FerrariChat

Heritage Classics Hollywood - any experience from Ferrari Chat members

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Zanny1, Dec 24, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Zanny1

Zanny1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Has anyone in the FerrariChat community in Southern California had expereince with Heritage Classics on Santa Monica Blvd in Hollywood? I would greatly appreciate your input, either on the chat line or directly to my email box. Thanks in advance.

2. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Not I - though I do window shop there after hours.

The inestimably knowledgable Wayne Ausbrooks has been in HC a few times, but to the best of my knowledge, though he has admired many a car in stock, has not purchased a vehicle as he has other priorities at this time.

3. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    A friend of mine has bought two. They sell cars of impeccable quality. The owner started out with change in his pocket as a used car salesman and worked up his way to a used car lot. And now... Heritage Classics. He knows his stuff and his mechanics do a lot of work in house. I've been in the back to see some of their work first hand for hours, they are very reputable. I have not bought from them myself - they really cater to the unique, garage queens, or nut and bolt restorations. What they carry are the best examples of what you can find.

Sunny

4. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Sunny is right, their cars are gorgeous, though they definitely cater more twaords the show cars and restorations. I dont see many modern cars in ther inventory. They have quite a book store there too :)

5. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    I'm glad to see Sunny weigh in with how Heritage got it's start. It seems I can never make it there during business hours, but check the site and the windows in the wee hours, as mentioned before. Somehow, I think this'll be the place I'll pick up at least one keeper.

Jordan mentioned the bookstore - which is to die for, and the modern inventory. Actually, the modern stuff has picked up a bit of pace: In the last month, I've seen a 456 - a 550 a 348 spyder (lovely in graphite) and a couple of Aston's all come and go.
    Older inventory has moved quite a bit as well - several Alfa Romeos, Astons, a lambo 400 gt along with a couple of Porsche 356's and a pair of Ferrari 275 GTS's have disappeared in the last 2 months - along with a GTO to die for.

What else... Lambo LM002, a Boxer - a couple of Mondials. One thing is for certain - business picked up quite a bit since Ah-nold became Guv, as inventory wasn't moving so briskly during the summer.

6. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Yeah, museum quality resorations. Clean, clean, clean.

7. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    I can't think of a better way to walk off a big 'ol filet mignon and a three or four pounder!!

DL