Hey allanlambo | FerrariChat

Hey allanlambo

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by JimSchad, Dec 29, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JimSchad

JimSchad Guest

You are in the timeshare sales biz right? Obviously it pays you well :), but what is your view on them? Does it make sense to buy one if you never plan to return? I know you can trade your days etc...

My inlaws own 2 timeshares in the Bahamas, but that is the only place they go year after year. Seems for the thousands you spend on a timeshare you could stay a month in classy hotel anywhere you want. So why buy?

2. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    If you vacation, and stay in nice places, timeshare absolutely makes sense. You do not have to go back to the same place every year, and depending where you buy, for example if you were to buy in Maui, 1 week of vacation will trade for up to 4 weeks of vacation time elsewhere.

The trick is to buy in the right location, and from the right developer. There are many, many additional perks involved.

If you are really interested, email me at [email protected], and i will give you my phone number, and my wife will go over everything with you.

3. JimSchad

JimSchad Guest

Thanks for the info. Not really thinking of buying at the time, but I got a solicitation from www.lagunakai.com which is a new hotel/condo type thing near cancun/playa del carmen. Managed by Rosewood. I stayed at Mansion on Turtle Creek in Dallas so must have gotten on their mailing/solicitation list.

Anyway, you basically buy a $400K+ condo with I think 4-6 weeks max each year that way the hotel can rent it the rest of the time. Not really a time share in the true sense and not sure if they pay you for the use of it for the remaining 46 weeks of the year.

Just seemed awful pricey to stay in a fancy hotel in mexico.

4. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Something like that, makes sense to the people who go to Mexico for a period of time every year, and are considering buying a home there, to use for only 4-6 weeks yearly, and would run several million dollars, plus upkeep,property taxes etc. This way, they get their time, for a fraction of the costs, and still enjoy tax benefits of it being a second home, same holds true for timeshare.

5. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Also, a timeshare, such as the Westin, in an awesome 2 bedroom, 1800sqft apt, that is decked out to the max, starts around 30,000 for a week 8 days, 7 nights.

6. JimSchad

JimSchad Guest

think my inlaws paid $18K for their bahama place about 10 years ago. not sure what the second unit cost them recently. think they get 2 weeks a year.

7. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Sounds about right.