How to replace Novitec sport spring set on 458 | FerrariChat

How to replace Novitec sport spring set on 458

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Baitschev, May 3, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Baitschev

Baitschev Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2017
    Vienna
    How to replace Novitec Sport spring set for Ferrari458

2. Baitschev

Baitschev Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2017
    Vienna
    So now the discription
    Today i lowered my 458 with Novitec Sport springs
    First i starten with messurement before lowering.it shows 1.5 degree on all wheels Front and rear
    I started rear and i get someone troubles with the thread the upper is sticking no chance to Open.
    I cut the defect nut in two pieces.it Costa Melone 1 Hour plus on Both sides
    Take a spring Compressor a small one and compress the spring that you can move the spring with Hand
    Open the two nuts on the top of the Shock absorbing strut with wheel gun .clean the tread with Brush and clean with alcohol cleaner.novitec set comes with 4
    New nuts for adjustmend.l take a new one.installing is easy.take some grease.thats it
    So now the Front with Lift System.
    You have to remove the windscreen wispers.realy no problem.than remove the Cover on Both sides under hood.left Hand side you have to remove the wiper assy .3 screws
    Remove the Cover in the Wheel arch.compress the spring and Open the 2 nuts of the Shock absorbing strut.disconnect the electrical plug first.
    So the good thing you can replace the spring without removing the complete Shock absorber.so you have no Problems with hydraulische fluid.
    Installation no problem.
    Messurement after lowering in Front 1.9 degree,rear 2.5 degree.
    Adjustment rear 4 cm from Safety nut to end of aloy of shock absorber
    Adjustment Front 2,5 cm from savety nut to end of aloy of Shock absorber
    Its nearly the oem alignment.
    Looks Good ! Hope it helps

3. 4583414

4583414 Karting

Jan 25, 2020
    Illinois
    What size wheel package were you using? any pics of the car after?

4. Baitschev

Baitschev Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2017
    Vienna
  5. Adam458

Adam458 Rookie

Apr 26, 2020
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Adam sharif
  6. kimwizzzuuu

kimwizzzuuu Karting

Aug 26, 2018
    new york
    Full Name:
    Kim
  7. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Guy on another forum experienced all dampers failed with Novitec springs. Evidently they are shorter than OEM. To get the ride height anywhere near normal, the collars have to be set high. He was told by the shop that fixed them that the dampers failed at that setting due to being beyond their operating ranges. If you put them within range so they don’t fail, car is extremely slammed low with top edges of tires up inside the fender arch. Some really like that look, but if you’re not one of them, best not swap in these springs.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

8. Adam458

Adam458 Rookie

Apr 26, 2020
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Adam sharif
    thank you for that, after comparing pictures, yours looks like you have 4 yellow rubber bushes where’s as mine has 2 only in the picture, and also you have some kind of nut at the top with a thread on?