Increasing Enzo's Performance | FerrariChat

Increasing Enzo's Performance

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by FastLapp, Mar 29, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FastLapp

FastLapp F1 Rookie

Mar 18, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    James
    The enzo is fast already, and increasing the speed moght be insane. Is this true? I saw it a forum post on another website:

Because the Mclaren F1 has almost no downforce for a car in it´s class it can reach the really high topspeed. The enzo has even more BHP but a factory lower topspeed But that´s because of it´s downforce, it will go way faster on a track but, if you lower a enzo with 2 to 4 CM and let the spoiler down ferrari said that it would be able of a topspeed in acces of 375 kmph. But that wouldn´t be safe because the car would become very loose like a F1 on that kind of speeds because of the lack of downforce.

2. janus

janus Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2004
    Croatia
    Full Name:
    Janko
    I would rather like to see an Enzo modified to accelerate faster, and with a lower top speed. It can be done, in theory at least.
    Those WRC cars weigh the same, have 50% less HP but have much lower top speeds.
    IMHO it's safer to accelerate faster than to go to fast especialy ''Enzo fast'' (i know it's nice to be able to tell your friends you can go that fast, but really ...)

I would like to see that kind of factory package for all their cars, it would be a nice addition to the options list.

3. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I would like to see it with 200 kgs less.

4. WarrenF355

WarrenF355 Formula 3

Dec 29, 2004
    Newburgh, IN
    Full Name:
    Warren M. Rogers
    i'd like to see it in my garage, stock. but yeah, it would be cool to see it go faster. speed is always a cool-factor for us speed junkies.

5. infraredline

infraredline Formula 3

Mar 15, 2004
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    John
    As I recall the Enzo uses an active aero package which provides maximum downforce at about 180 mph, then eases back to achieve a higher top speed and keep the car from lowering itself (by compressing the springs) too much at Vmax. Why play with refinement especially when backed by hundreds of hours of windtunnel testing that you will never be able to replicate?