K&N - major surgery | FerrariChat

K&N - major surgery

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by yookdan, Aug 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. yookdan

yookdan Rookie

Jan 14, 2004
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Robert Stevens
    Just got my K&N air filter for my 348 - and this is definately not as easy as the ones I put in my SL('s) - dare I try this by myself? Any input from the wise ones here would be GREATLY appreciated.

Rob

2. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004

Aw hell. Now that 348 is going to definately be the baddest on the block.

Don't know anything about turning wrenches, so can't help ya there... but I'll test drive it for you to make sure it's working right when yer finished! ;)

Nick

3. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    It should be quite simple. Remove the airbox covers, remove and discard the old filters, install the K&Ns and then resecure the airbox covers. Be sure to use the proper size wrench so as to not damage the paint on the airbox covers. See. wasn't that easy?

4. yookdan

yookdan Rookie

Jan 14, 2004
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Robert Stevens
    The message is that the square air intake box has four screws - two in front, two in back, and then the top pops up high enough to remove the filter. The Colorado State Patrol are excited to see the results...

:-/

Rob

5. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    What else have you done to your 348? I just got mine back last week with Tubi and Hyper-flow cats but, more is better!

Cheers
    Kevin

6. yookdan

yookdan Rookie

Jan 14, 2004
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Robert Stevens
    Speciale free flowing exhaust, and the filter... so far... I am amazed at the difference on the filter - driving school here I come...

7. cal355

cal355 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2004
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Cal
    Installation is simple,remove the four screws(flat blade) on the air box,lift top half(intake tubes can be easily removed).Remove old filter element and replace with new K&N.Should be oiled and ready to go.