Merrry Xmas and Happy New year | FerrariChat

Merrry Xmas and Happy New year

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Izza, Dec 8, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Izza

Izza Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London
    Unfortunately I cannot make the Fchat meeting on Fri 12th or Sun 14th as I am away all weekend. However, can someone make sure there are some pictures from the bash.

In terms of looking forward can someone also help make sure we get any 'relevant' picturs from the big F-bash in London on the following Saturday.

In addition, there will be a meeting of the F crowd at Home House on the first Monday (5th) of January 2004. Any London members of Fchat should come along and ask for the 'Ferrari' crowd introduce themselves. We can then start organising some more F-based days out for the following year.

Izza

2. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Cheers, Seasonal compliments to you too.....
    Where do you meet in town.I work in City so could prob. meet your group.
    Tony

3. Izza

Izza Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London
    At Home House - its a private members' club at 20 Great Portman Square. The guy who owns the club is a Ferrari driver and through personal contacts said that as a special disposition, our group of Ferrari owners could go in and order drinks on the first Monday of every month.

Izza

4. paulnwgb

paulnwgb Karting

Sep 3, 2003
    Dunmow, Essex
    Full Name:
    Paul Gardner
    I've been to that club - quite quite weird... When standing outside, it gives no identity to what's in there, lovely inside, it's like a tardis.

5. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

Hi Izza,

give us the details on board, Id like to attend . Always good to see a good turnout of Fcars

6. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

Paul it was that big Dr Who hat you had on that put folk off tho...lol

I dont know this club???? any dancing girls???

7. 355fiorano

355fiorano Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Its a good venue. It is designed like a house with rooms of diferent style bars. On the ground floor there is a leather sofa type and neon bar room and a garden out the back (but not for this weather). There is a spiraling staircase to the first floor where there is a room with sofas and another bar with more light and a balcony. Its a good venue overall. The bad point is that is is not that great to park, as Izza found out. They recently changed the times for the yellow lines. I think the fine is £40 but Izza could confirm :)

8. Izza

Izza Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London
    Yes I can confirm that Westminster has made certain single yellow lines that used to stop parking up to 6.30 now stop at 7.00 pm. Another £40 rip off just like the day when they changed Sunday parking from 1.30 pm to 6.30 pm, didn't tell anyone and doubled the traffic wardens on patrol on the first Sunday.

As a little rant, I also have watched how they allow parking late night on the corners of large tarmac areas like St. James square build up and once full they then send one traffic warden to ticket everyone. If they were doing their job they would either allow the parking as it does not get in the way of traffic or they would constantly patrol to prevent it. However, all employees of Westminster Council have quetionable parentage and their use of pavements for revenue purposes proves my point (If any of them are reading this - go on sunshine get your libel lawyers on the case I don't care!). I wouldn't mind but a 355 took out the barriers near County hall and it took them two years to mend the barriers. Where is this money and the congestion charge funds going to??

As far as home house (www.homehouse.co.uk) has the details. The front door is numbered 20 and is on the north side of the square at the west end of the pavement. Ask for Glenn's crowd or Ferrari crowd. If people want to join in please do so and pm me for mobile phone numbers.

Izza

9. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    Hi Izza,

Please pm me the details for Home House - I would like to attend. What is the f-bash you are referring to above in London? Sat 20th?

Thanks,

Marc.