Mille Miglia-Where is the best spot to view it? | FerrariChat

Mille Miglia-Where is the best spot to view it?

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by sparetireless, Nov 7, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Has anyone actually gone to the event? What is the best spot to see the cars? My understanding is that the event passes thru some very small towns and there is some stop over along the way that might be a good place as well. What do you recommend, I want to get set up for May to view it. (also, anyone need a navigator? I am in if you need one, can pay own expenses.)

2. bertdeboer340

bertdeboer340 Formula 3

Sep 16, 2003
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bert de Boer
    That depents on how you want to see the cars.. Slowly or at speed.
    Personally I prefer the old city of San Marino.. Nice old city where you have a nice look at the cars.. There are places in San Marino where you can sit on a terras and touch the cars if you want.. In the latest issue of Forza you can see the terras where we normally first drink coffee and see the first cars passes by..

3. joopjoldersma

joopjoldersma Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    Holland
    Full Name:
    Joop Joldersma
    I do like the scruteneering in Brescia. Lots of time to look at the cars. But be on time. The start for the first day is in Brescia, but in the evening/dark.
    I also like to go to the lunch stops (I prefer the second day - Ferrara/Rome; the third or last day - Rome/Brescia - some cars will not be in the running anylonger).
    As Bert says the towns are also good, it really does not matter which one.
    If you want to see the cars at speed, go to the smaller roads. The cars will drive quit fast, so just before or after a corner is the best (or just before a town).
    As you car only see the cars one time per day, make a choice what and where you want to go.
    Hope you make it. I will be there again this year.

4. FerrariStuff.com

FerrariStuff.com Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    www.************.com
    Full Name:
    Jack Habits
    Scrutineering in Brescia is a great opportunity to watch teh cars from close by indeed.

On the first evening, head out to one of the smaller villages along the route to watch the cars come by in the dark.

I've never gone to one of the towns / villages during the day myself so I can not judge on that.

Best view, for me, is up the Ratticosa pass on the way back, just before Bologna.

Jack

5. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    What specific days is it taking place in May of this year? I may be there too.

6. joopjoldersma

joopjoldersma Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    Holland
    Full Name:
    Joop Joldersma
    The mille miglia will this year be as follows:
    May 6 - scruteneering in the morning and start at around 20:00 hours for the Brescia-Ferrara stage.
    May 7 - Ferrara-Rome stage. Start as sun-up. Arrival late in the evening.
    May 8 - Rome-Brescia stage. Start and arrival as the day before.

For more info look at www.millemiglia.org