NASDAQ to break resistance @ 2k today...EOM | FerrariChat

NASDAQ to break resistance @ 2k today...EOM

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by stokpro, Dec 3, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    We haven't seen the NASDAQ at this level for some time now. This is promising. Go NXTL!!

2. ty (360mode)

ty (360mode) Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2002
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    been hovering right there all morning. definitely will be interesting which way she decides to go.

i'm in the hole big time on a bunch of dec calls on a couple stocks so any help from the naz in general would be appreciated!

stokpro - have you been following TASR, IMCL or CRDS? TASR is just a beast.

3. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Yep, she broke it finally. This will aid in gaining momentum for the gap up. 2000.92!!!

4. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    ty,

i followed TASR for a short time at the beginning of summer and haven't looked at it till today. seemed like a great idea, but volume was so low and it's still relatively low. had i only purchased a few rounds of that at 11 or so. could've, would've, should've! damn. hope you have a position in TASR. p/e is getting up there, but earnings should almost triple next year. market makers are making a killing on this, you see the spread on bid/ask?

5. ty (360mode)

Sep 25, 2002
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    nope, never pulled the trigger. i see a 28cent spread on the bid/ask right now. ridiculous. don't even get me started on market makers. i guess it's an honest living!?!?!? :)

6. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    why can't i buy a stock like TASR and not watch it everyday and then one day check on how it's doing and BAM... i've made some nice coin. guess it doesn't always work like that. while it was pretty cheap at 11 bucks a pop, the low volume scared me away. damn! guess the MM aren't making a killing YET, but will if the spread remains the same and volume shoots through the roof.

7. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    ty,

daaaamn, TASR was off nearly 7% today. doh!

8. ty (360mode)

Sep 25, 2002
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    saw that! i closed out my remaining dec calls today at a HUGE loss, and i mean HUGE, and i'm done for the year. i own some shares in sebl, jdsu and sckt and that is all i'm gonna hold until '04. i always tell myself when i take it up the arse, "it's ok, you needed those cap losses to offset those gains". yeah, i guess it makes me feel better :)

hope you had a good trading year! i'm still up a handful overall so i won't complain too loudly.

good luck.