New NASCAR Track in the NW? | FerrariChat

New NASCAR Track in the NW?

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Willdief, Nov 13, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Willdief

Willdief Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Mercer Island, WA
    Full Name:
    Will Diefenbach
    Just saw a bit on King5 news about International Speedway Corp (I believe they own Daytona and other NASCAR tracks) looking in our area for land to build a speedway. They are looking in Everett, Monroe and some other areas. This would be a full-scale, XX,XXX seat speedway for the top level NASCAR racing.

I'm no fan of NASCAR but ANYTHING that moves the needle on motorsports in our area is a good thing. This could even prove to be a great thing for Pacific Raceways (SIR) if it boosts awareness of motorsports.

The report said that a track could be operational as soon as three years from now.
    - Will

2. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Will, that's interesting. I wonder if they'd build an infield road course section? A roval course with banked sections would be so much fun!

3. Willdief

Willdief Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Mercer Island, WA
    Full Name:
    Will Diefenbach
    that would be so cool! A mini-Daytona 24 course would be a blast.

4. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    I read in the Everett Herald that considerations were being made to place the track on unused farmland between the south end of the Arlington Airport and the north end of Marysville. One half mile off of I-5.
    It would be in the flight path of the airport so I don't think noise from the track would be an issue. Plenty of room for at least a mile oval too, infield style road course or a plain oval, Indy car style!

Fingers crossed as it would be 5 minutes from my house!

DJ

5. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Yes, I saw a similar article in the business section of the Seattle Times. There was an interesting connection between the racing group that wants to build the track, and Cabela's, yes, the mail order outdoor clothing/hunting store! Cabela's would build in the same area a enormous store, something on the scale of an Ikea. Apparently they have a great following in the Nascar arena, and like the "tie in". They do have a neat catalog and products, I wonder how this would affect the "grass eaters" at REI? :-0

6. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Dave Dave Dave................................(shaking head)