P Zero Rosso vs Assimetrico | FerrariChat

P Zero Rosso vs Assimetrico

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by bobafett, Mar 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Impressions of a lay-man:

FYI, this is on a 550. 255s up front, 295s in the back. Had the Assimetricos, just swapped over to the Rossos ~150 miles ago (two days ago, but I didn't drive it until today).

Initial impressions: softer compound, less road noise, a bit more "bite" in the handling, of course I didn't try anything as I want to scrub them some more.

Actually, they need quite a bit, as the same 6-4 downshift (double clutch, blah blah) that I did before when I had assimetricos had my ASR light flashing today with the Rossos. We'll see if that persists. Speed then is ~85mph (ie high enough not to bother with 3rd).

Beyond that, I am looking forward to these. It seems like it should be a better tire overall than the Assims. The "wheel protector" has been redesigned and looks like it might not be as effective, so beware you curb-kissers.

I'll be lucky if this set makes it to the rainy season, but if it does, I'll post impressions then.

--Dan

2. EVartanian

EVartanian Formula 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Sunny SoCal
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Dan, ever had the Pilot Sports on your car? Just wondering how those compare...

Also, doing the same 6-4 or 5-3 shifts pushing hard, never had the ASR lights come on with the Pilots, well...hmm...actually maybe once I think. Pretty impressed though so far. Never had a different set on there though, so nothing to compare.