Parker Hall has retired | FerrariChat

Parker Hall has retired

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by 330gt, Jun 12, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 330gt

330gt Formula 3

Nov 12, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Kerry Chesbro
    I just heard that Parker Hall has retired. But the business, Kilimanjaro Designs, will continue. Motion Products in Wisconsin has purchased it. The plan is to continue the business using the same name, have a website (yeah), etc. It looks like some integration with MPI's mercato page has already been done. The link to Stickers and Tags (http://mpi-ferrari.com/Stickers_and_Tags.pdf) has a number of Parker's reproductions shown.

I wish Parker well in his "second" retirement and hope he will continue to attend Ferrari meets so we can all keep in touch.

2. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Still have a Kilimanjaro design polo shirt he gave me maaaany years ago, class, act, always a pleasure to meet him though it has been a long time too. All the best to him.

3. kevfla

kevfla Formula 3

Nov 20, 2003
    Full Name:
    gone 4 good
    Maybe he can now afford to have his 250 S2 Cab restored!:D

Great guy. Hope he will continue to judge at Cavallino.

4. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Parker Hall is an absolute gentleman and I wish him all the best in his retirement. MPI is the perfect company to take up his mantle and it is great to have them to continue to offer Parker's fine restoration items.

5. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    All the best to Parker. I recently saw him at a bicycling event in north Texas. He seemed even happier than usual. Perhaps this explains it!

6. Lowell

Lowell Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 17, 2005
    Santa Fe, NM
    Full Name:
    Lowell Brown
    I agree that Parker is a really nice guy. I have several of his products in my 330GT. He was always a pleasure to talk with and was always very helpful.

Sad, Sad, Sad, I will no longer be getting catalogues with photos that I spent hours trying to figure out what they were.

635CSI and Jack-the-lad like this.
  7. Ed Niles

Ed Niles Formula 3
    Honorary

Sep 7, 2004
    West Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Edwin K. Niles
    Parker, you have been a great friend to all of us, and what you have done for some of us is beyond description. Now relax!

375+ and Nuvolari like this.
  8. daytonaman

daytonaman Formula Junior

May 1, 2007
    Australia
    Full Name:
    howard pigdon
    Hi Parker, what will we do without your encyclopedic knowledge and kindness.
    Will miss you greatly.

9. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Parker always had the personal touch, his innovative spirit will be missed. As new Dino owner in 1992 I would call him up and ask Dino variety questions. Always polite and enthusiastic (yet Dinos were not his thing), this is the type of person Ferrari SpA should recognize for his passion.

Let me add, I'm sure many of us ended up contacting Parker because we could not get what we needed anywhere else or any better quality and he was a saving grace.
    Massive appreciation

of2worlds, Lowell and Nuvolari like this.
  10. patknapp14

patknapp14 Karting

Aug 24, 2016
    Menasha, Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Patrick Knapp
    Hello gang!

This is Patrick from MPI. I don't want this to come off as advertising or a sales pitch, so please do not take it like that. I know there is a ton of love and support for Parker here (as well as everywhere else in the Ferrari community) and I wanted to get everyone up to speed on the MPI/Kilimanjaro situation.

I just wanted to touch base with you and let you know that we do not plan on changing anything with Kilimanjaro designs, other than adding a bit of technology to make it a bit more user friendly. We are currently building a website with detailed photos and descriptions of all of the products Parker has offered over the years. (Please do not use the current MPI website as a reference, that site is 10 years old and in much need of updating!) We plan on having the website set up for e-commerce, so that international customers will have an easier time ordering parts, and for US based customers who prefer to click and order, rather than having a conversation via email or phone. We have the ability to process credit cards here, so hopefully that simplifies things for customers as well. Product quality and pricing should remain relatively consistent as we have worked with Parker to establish a database of all the vendors he has used over the years.

The company name will NOT be changed, it will always be Kilimanjaro designs. We hope to keep the level of service as close as possible to what Parker has offered all of you over the years. I will not pretend to have a shred of the experience and knowledge Parker has, but we will always do our best to help his customers the way he has done for decades.

We would love to expand the line over the coming years, working forward into 308 and TR products as well as other models. If anyone has items they believe should be re-created, please feel free to reach out to us. If anyone else produces parts that they think would be a great addition to the Kilimanjaro line, please reach out! We have been working with a few of the other moguls in the restoration world to try and compile the parts everyone makes into one place/catalog to simplify the restoration process if at all possible!

As soon as the website is complete and running, we will be working to produce a current catalog as well. The current red catalog is a few years old now, so the new offerings and any pricing updates need to be addressed. We will try to keep the catalog in the style that you have all come to know and love.

Please do not hesitate to offer any feedback you might have for us.

Thank you all!

11. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    A legend, I always thought of him, as I passed thru MS.....

12. John Vardanian

John Vardanian F1 Rookie

Jul 1, 2004
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    John Vardanian
    Patrick, good to hear this. Maybe you can also resurrect the old Mad Enterprise... or if you are unable to do it, at least start making us some window wash bags.

john

13. patknapp14

patknapp14 Karting

Aug 24, 2016
    Menasha, Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Patrick Knapp
    John,

Thank you for the kind words. Washer bags are a project we have wanted to tackle for years. Unfortunately we keep getting distracted with the overwhelming amount of restoration work we have been blessed with, and have run short on time to dedicate to projects of that size. I will mention it to the team in our component shop, and see if we can dig into that project sometime in the future. I know we have struggled to source proper washer bags, and I know I receive several calls a month regarding them. There is definitely a market, we just need to get on that project!

Patrick Knapp

14. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

Fantastic news. There are many in the preservation and restoration community that have/are not being served. Very happy to hear.

15. 87testa

87testa Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario
    Hi Patrick:
    When will the site be up and running (approximate time period) as I would like to order something?

16. patknapp14

patknapp14 Karting

Aug 24, 2016
    Menasha, Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Patrick Knapp
    Hello!

The website is up and running! Our tech team is sorting some issues with the e-commerce side of it, but I believe you should be good to go. If not, please just shoot a call or text to the number listed on the site!

https://kilimanjarodesigns.com/

Jack-the-lad and 375+ like this.
  17. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Thanks Pat.

18. John Vardanian

John Vardanian F1 Rookie

Jul 1, 2004
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    John Vardanian
    Pat, I don't see a wash bag yet... we are depending on you...
    :)
    john

19. patknapp14

patknapp14 Karting

Aug 24, 2016
    Menasha, Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Patrick Knapp

John,

I have that at the top of my list for items I want my component guys to figure out! We will get there eventually!

Thank you!