pf cab II head service info | FerrariChat

pf cab II head service info

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by ROLOcr, Jan 17, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ROLOcr

ROLOcr Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2005
    Costa Rica
    Full Name:
    ROLO
    #1 ROLOcr, Jan 17, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    hey guys,
    we just took out the heads on a PF cabriolet series 2 because one valve seat came loose on one but we decided to service both.
    there is a picture of me pretending to work
    now, what i really need to know is all the "parameters" for the head,(deck heigth and all those things) so the guy from the machine shop can work on them
    so any help would be GREAt!!!
    also i need all the valves,valves guides, gasket set, valve seats and maybe the heads!! depending on what the machine shop guys tells us
    so if anyone can get me a quote it would be great but also i need the info on the heads

thanks for the help

ROLO
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Kram

Kram Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2004
    Park bench, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I’d love to help but years ago when my car needed a rebuild I just threw the motor at an engine builder and don’t have the specs. Mind you, there is a member here called Teak360 who, I believe, has just had that job done on his PF II. The cause was the same - a bad valve seat. You might try a PM in his direction.

While you have the heads apart you might look at different materials for the valve seat inserts (to go with unleaded gas) and a neoprene seal at the top of the valve guides (to prevent blue smoke).

What is your chassis no?

Good luck!

3. Kram

Kram Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2004
    Park bench, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Stupid me! I just worked it out - that's Teak's car!

If the EDIT button worked it would be gone by now......

4. ROLOcr

ROLOcr Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2005
    Costa Rica
    Full Name:
    ROLO
    LOL!! it is Teak's car, he is a friend of ours, the car is not mine, i''m just a mechanic here in Costa Rica ,me and my boss are working on it!

but i need those measurments just to see if the heads will make it back on the car, the good news is that the seat itself went loose BUT didn't fall off into the piston ! so the pistons didn't suffer any damage!

5. ROLOcr

ROLOcr Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2005
    Costa Rica
    Full Name:
    ROLO
    i also could use a phone number of a machine shop that its used to dealing with the 250 engine
    thanks

6. smg2

smg2 F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Apr 1, 2004
    Dumpster Fire #31
    Full Name:
    SMG
    give lyle tanner at ferrari parts exchange a call, if he doesn't know he'll know somebody who does.

7. fmaderi

fmaderi Formula Junior

May 8, 2005
    clearwater Fla/NY
    Full Name:
    frank maderi
    i have a 250gtl [reprint] shop manual if i can help .you might search the other forums for contacts . you should try to get a copy as well .you wan to find somone thaat has done this work before or you may end up doing it again. just 2c . forza frank .