Place to stash Ferrar/trailer for monterey? | FerrariChat

Place to stash Ferrar/trailer for monterey?

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by fatbillybob, Feb 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Hi Guys,

I'm towing my 348 up to monterey on a trailer for the FCA week 8/14. Does anyone know a place where I could stash the trailer/ferrari in a garage for the days before the FCA track events at Laguna seca? My trailer is special and can fit in a standard garage with the car on top. I'll rent garage space from a Fchater in the area or rent space from a independant Fearrai repair shop or rent a house for the week. I've tried for a couple of weeks but have found no houses with garages to rent in the monterey/carmel/salinas/watsonville area from the conspicuous sources doing simple web searches. Any one know anybody? My preference is to rent a house with garage.

Thanks!

2. lawwdog

lawwdog Formula 3

Dec 4, 2002
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Mario
    I know that the Rental housing is tough...I lucked out and rented a house in Carmel 3/2 with garage but I'll have my F-355 and another F-355 in the garage.

I would try to get a house in the Carmel Valley. It's a little farther area from the main area but I know there were houses still available.

Mario

3. fatbillybob

Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Can your efer me to a broker rental agency? I have only found web sources and they are basically booked up.

Thanks!

4. speedemon

speedemon Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    If worse comes to worse and you can't find a location, there is a new security self storage facility in Salinas named Blanco Self Storage - they have covered parking and 10X15' self enclosed bays. I keep my 355 there because my garage at home is filled with daily drivers. It is VERY safe - Electronic pass-code entry, surrounding 9' iron gates, 6 video cameras, individually alarmed and monitored doors, etc.

Prices are reasonable - I have 15x30' and I pay $220 monthly. Bay doors openings are 10x10' (please confirm). The facility is located approximately 10 minutes from Laguna Seca.

Alain Pinel Realtors can sometimes be a good source for locating a home rental. Book now if you can - it's my understanding things are very tight.

Good luck!

5. fatbillybob

Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Thanks Speedemon! Hope to see you on the track at Laguna!

6. rivee

rivee F1 Rookie

Jan 20, 2002
    Nowhere important, USA
    Full Name:
    John
    FatBilly,
    I have an extra garage space at my house. But don't think a trailor will fit in with the car on it. If you left the trailor outside it would work. My 308 lives on one side of the garage so your 348 will fit on the other. One side of the garage is 8' wide by 7' tall

I live about 2 miles from Laguna Seca.

7. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    I have an airplane hangar at the Monterey Airport. Very clean, very safe. I may have room, but it's filling up fast. It is very convenient and centrally located.You can pm me.
    I use to rent at Blanco,but it's in Salinas. 30 min drive from Monterey. 30-60- min drive w/ heavy traffic.