Racing Gadgets | FerrariChat

Racing Gadgets

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by ferrari_kid, Nov 25, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferrari_kid

ferrari_kid Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2003
    I was watching one of the videos with a 911TT running Laguna and I saw a little plastic plumb bob type gadget hanging from the driver's windshield to help him improve his driving. It was called the See-G. It indicated the Gs on all planes and helped with smooth driving, anyone know where to get those?

Are there any other training aids out there? Maybe something a little more technical. It seems like, especially in F1, that computers could calculate the best line for a given car and the driver can go out and try to figure out if it works or not. Wouldn't that be helpful especially for rookie drivers out on a track for the first time? I know that really takes that art out of racing, but it seems feasible. They already use computers to find ideal pit strategy based on all of types of racing scenerios.

2. rexrcr

rexrcr Formula 3

Nov 27, 2002
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Full Name:
    Rob Schermerhorn
    Tape, string, weight, done. I'll take a personal check:)
    Do a search for "data acquisition" and "racing" on google, see what comes up ;)

You'll find systems from $200 to $100,000. Look at the G-Cube system run on a PDA for low cost, good data.

The system you describe is as inexpensive at it gets, and if someone is making money on it; WOW, I love the USA.

A few savvy race driver's schools utilize data acquisition in their training programs. Panoz, Derek Daly come immediately to mind and I'm certain there are many others. www.scca.com has links to schools.

Best regards,

Rob Schermerhorn