Turn indicators not working | FerrariChat

Turn indicators not working

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by blankers, Mar 27, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. blankers

blankers Rookie

Feb 1, 2013
    Sunny Dubai
    Having collected my 2013 Spider from the detailers to enjoy this weekend, I find that the turn indicators are no longer working. The hazard lights work. As do the other controls on the steering wheel.

I thought it might be a fuse, but I can't figure out the appropriate one from the owners manual. Can anyone help with that, or have any other suggestions for a fix before I book it in to the dealer ?

2. tocho

tocho Karting

Oct 6, 2006
    I had the same issue some time ago....took it to the dealer and they had to replace something cant recall what it was. Its not a fuse.

3. cashout1

cashout1 Rookie

Aug 26, 2010
    i thought the same but dealer told me the steering wheel must be straight and you have to tap hard on signal. That seems to work but i still find myself checking to see if it is on. Being that you have to look behind the steering wheel, not safe to say the least. Try it and report back. If that doesn't work please post update from your dealer

4. blankers

blankers Rookie

Feb 1, 2013
    Sunny Dubai
    Tocho was right. The switchplate in the steering wheel needs replacing. Just waiting to see how long it will take to source it. The dealer has seen this issue before.

5. rkaiser

rkaiser Rookie

Aug 25, 2016
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Ron Kaiser
    I am not sure how they could have made this so complicated that an intuitive owner couldn't just change a fuse. Does anyone else have insight on this? I have the exact same issue and would happily document everything about it to share with the community.

6. Nsd991

Nsd991 Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2012
    After a routine battery change ( car was 3 years old so decided to change it before problems) my turn signal did not work upon arriving home. $1700 later the dealer replaced something. All in all $2600 to change a battery.

7. Nexxas

Nexxas Rookie

Jul 15, 2019
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    Fabian Alexander
  8. Live2win

Live2win Karting

Sep 27, 2019
    Pasadena MD
    Full Name:
    David perkins
    I just put my hand out the window like old school, plus with all the distracted drivers no one sees turn signals

9. Jacksal

Jacksal Rookie

Apr 14, 2023
  10. Jacksal

Jacksal Rookie

Apr 14, 2023
  11. Live2win

Live2win Karting

Sep 27, 2019
    Pasadena MD
    Full Name:
    David perkins
    I own 2010, 2015 458s , turn signals work sometimes don’t, not wasting money at dealership, I just slow down no pays attention anymore to turn signals