US car vs Euro conversion | FerrariChat

US car vs Euro conversion

Discussion in '360/430' started by RIX 360, May 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RIX 360

RIX 360 Karting

May 12, 2004
    West Palm Beach, FL.
    Full Name:
    Ric Newman
    Is a US 355 Spyder a better buy then a converted one????? I see both for sale around the same price.
    Thanx,
    Ric

2. 4i2fly

4i2fly Formula 3

Apr 16, 2004
    SF, Bay Area
    I haven't check the pricing lately buy the Euro ones should be a lot cheaper! I would but the US spec. car if I were you, simply because there is less of a variable in its history regarding modifications. Good luck!

3. RIX 360

RIX 360 Karting

May 12, 2004
    West Palm Beach, FL.
    Full Name:
    Ric Newman

4. RIX 360

RIX 360 Karting

May 12, 2004
    West Palm Beach, FL.
    Full Name:
    Ric Newman
    Will do, thanks for the info.

5. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    There is much to consider when purchasing a Euro version car non of which is usually positive unless the model, (512, 288GTO etc.) was not intended for the US. All things being equal, (model/yr. miles, condition) typically, the Euro version car is worth 15-20% less.

6. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    Ric, I have owned 2 Euro version FCars; both of which were propoerly converted and with the proper paperwork. When it came to selling them, they were both sold at the same price as a "US spec" car. They were both sold to previous FCar owners and not a novice. Imagine that! Overall, it would be a good idea to ask your question to previous and current "Euro" version cars. I find that most "US Spec" owners are biased that theirs are better. But IMO, after owning 2, they are the same. Ferrari would like you to think they are different.

7. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    Selling a Euro version at the same value as a US version, your VERY fortunate and probably 1 of 1000! And If you really feel that both cars are the same and of equal value your 1 of a mil. FYI; I have already gone that route with my 512bbi, I had no choice.