Valentine 1 mirror mount ex-sponsor | FerrariChat

Valentine 1 mirror mount ex-sponsor

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by 92_348ts, Dec 13, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 92_348ts

92_348ts Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2002
    Boise, Idaho
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Does anyone still have the URL for the ex-sponsor that sold the rear view mirror that was etched to accomodate a Valentine 1 radar detector?

Thanks,
    Chris

2. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    beastpower? not sure i remember the name.

though if it's the guys i think it was, i believe the STOPPED doing all cars except BMWs, where they started.

they firesaled all their porsche stuff on some other boards. really pissed some of their customers the hell off who had recently paid full price.

it's actually not very hard to do what they did. apparently a lot of smalls shops do this.

personally, i think it's a mistake, since part of the idea of the remote display is for it to be hidden. when you get zapped from behind he can't see your detector go off. or no stupid kids can follow 8" off your butt "using" your radar detector for themselves (and causing a serious nuisance and danger!). imo, you're better off putting the remote display down on the steering column near your instrument cluster - or something like that.

doody.

3. 92_348ts

92_348ts Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2002
    Boise, Idaho
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Thanks Doody

I wasn't planning on purchasing one from them, I simply needed a photograph of the mirror to show a local custom shop to see if they could duplicate.

4. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody