Who here is an SUV lover? The Cayenne turbo makes me think twice. | FerrariChat

Who here is an SUV lover? The Cayenne turbo makes me think twice.

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by triXXXter, Jan 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. triXXXter

triXXXter Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    Ft. Worth TX
    Full Name:
    Steven G. Ogden
    Another quick opinion thread: I was lucky enough to be apart of the "Porsche Cayenne Experience" (even got a nifty T-shirt oooooo uhhhhh) The Cayenne Turbo is sickening! Hands down. It's heavy as hell and you feel it, but damn it is quick. I enjoyed driving it. They had tarmac and off road courses and it was very impressive on the off road. But $90k it wasn't. Now if it handled like a Infiniti FX45 (I was very impressed with the FX) maybe $90k.

Tell me what you think. Here is a video to help you out.

http://www.racingflix.com/downloadvideo.asp?v=623

from here
    http://www.racingflix.com/browsevideos.asp?p=6

Steven

2. bluekawala

bluekawala Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2004
    Ormond Beach, FL
    Well, I'm not a huge fan of SUV's. I think there should be a TON more to a fun car then the acceleraction IMO. I've never driven a Cayenne Turbo so... I suppose take my opinion with a grain of salt.

3. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I dove the turbo, I thought is was okay for what it is. I just cant not get past the loks (reminds me of a Sante Fe with a turbo nose glued on). I am the first guy getting the new X5 4.8, alittle slower, but it comes fully loaded at alittle over 70K alot less than the turbo, well equipped.

4. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    I have driven the S quite a bit and even that was fun.

5. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    My wife has 15K miles on her's since aug. GREAT TRUCK. Mud, snow, highway. Easily worth the $ compared to a BMW. Adjustable ride height is super. No problems.

6. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Agreed. With the air suspension in sport mode, it corners on rails.