yellow mondial | FerrariChat

yellow mondial

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by rizlaneil1000, Mar 2, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rizlaneil1000

rizlaneil1000 Karting

Feb 23, 2006
    hull england
    Full Name:
    neil wood
    does any one know who used to own my car? 82 mondial 8 in giallo vcx 38x or 8194 hj was the plat that was on it when i bought it.

was in storage with a testarossa i think loads of history too. i bought it from runnymead motor co in the south

2. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Neil

If your a member of the FOC you could try asking, there used to be a directory / register of who own's/owned what within the owners club, not sure if they still publish the information

or

you could try asking jtremlett, as he compiled the clubs database, but again it all comes down to if the information can be made public

3. rizlaneil1000

rizlaneil1000 Karting

Feb 23, 2006
    hull england
    Full Name:
    neil wood
  4. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Neil,

The FOC has details of two owners of that car. The last known was in 2002 and may or may not still be the current owner. Addresses etc. cannot be given out but the Club Office and Registrar will generally pass on correspondence if appropriate.

As an aside, the FOC Register of Ferraris is kept for the benefit of both members and non-members particularly where they're interested in the history of a particular car they own or have owned or might want to purchase. Primarily details are gathered through information provided by members' renewal forms, but if anyone has anything that might usefully be added, please drop me a PM (FWIW the Register did not record the colour of this particular Mondial and I would also be interested to know the period you owned it between). I am also happy to respond to requests if anyone wants to know whether there is any information on a particular car available, however, as stated, you would then need to contact the Club office or Registrar if you wanted to be put in touch with past or present owners of a particular car.

Hope that helps

Jonathan

EDIT: Sorry, just realised that you are saying you are the current owner. My apologies!

5. rizlaneil1000

rizlaneil1000 Karting

Feb 23, 2006
    hull england
    Full Name:
    neil wood
    ok thanks jonothan.

ill bear it in mind when i look for my 328 that the details may be on file with the FOA

neil

6. rizlaneil1000

rizlaneil1000 Karting

Feb 23, 2006
    hull england
    Full Name:
    neil wood
    the mondial in question is giallo fly yellow, i owned it from 2002

7. racespecferrari

racespecferrari F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2006
    Suffolk, Uk
    Full Name:
    Pete.G By The Sea
    I don't if you still can but I had an old Lotus about 6 years ago, and for £5 you can write to Dvla who will send you copies of all old Log books and plate changes, it might have gone up a bit now, try giving them a ring

8. rizlaneil1000

rizlaneil1000 Karting

Feb 23, 2006
    hull england
    Full Name:
    neil wood
    cheers pete will try try next week

9. racespecferrari

racespecferrari F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2006
    Suffolk, Uk
    Full Name:
    Pete.G By The Sea

Let me know how you get on, I was thinking of getting it done to one of my other cars

10. rizlaneil1000

rizlaneil1000 Karting

Feb 23, 2006
    hull england
    Full Name:
    neil wood
    no need now!!

i got a suprise e mail from the chap who used to own the mondial last night, he doesnt post messages to the forum but frequently browses through and hey presto, spotted the thread!!

11. Jon Beer

Jon Beer Rookie

Sep 1, 2017
    Barnstaple Devon UK
    Hi Neil, I just spotted this thread when searching registration number,I have owned this car now for a few years,it had been laid up for quite a while, I have spent a couple of years restoring it.

MalcQV and prober34 like this.