1992 348ts cutting out | FerrariChat

1992 348ts cutting out

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by 360F1, Dec 21, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 360F1

360F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2003
    Full Name:
    360F1
    can any member help me.my 348 with 25,000miles and with a full service sometimes goes onto (I THINK) one bank and there is a loss of power for 2mins.
    after 2 mins it seems to go back onto 8clyd and drives ok.
    could this be the coil for that bank of 4clyds.

2. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Alan, it could be huge number of things, but you may well be correct in thinking that it could be the ingnition pack (coil) or some of the conectors to that bank, the way I would test it is to disconect on coil fire it over, then repeat that on the other side, or you could try the old pull all the wires in turn off and clean the contacts trick (I've heard aircraft grade electrical cleaner from maplin's works vwell when you do this)

3. MarkCollins

MarkCollins F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 2, 2002
    South England
    Full Name:
    Mark Collins
    Alan

just had this problem myself today and it was a bad connection (Yellow middle wire of 3) to the Coil pack although the same thing will happen if the connection on the Coil Amps are poor, thes are located on the same heatshield plate. If cleaning them doesn;t seem to help then the other thing that could affect it is the thermocouplers in the Cats if you have them

If you find you have a dodgy Coil pack or you want a spare to prove either way give me a shout I have some spare ones

4. 360F1

360F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2003
    Full Name:
    360F1
    mark thanks for the reply i will look at the connections.
    also as you seem to know the 348 how do i switch on the parking lights as i may have a fuse gone.
    one last thing is thier a 348 work shop manual on the market

thanks alan

5. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Alan

Ferrari Uk have workshop manuals, just ask before you buy which one would be the most use, I find that the parts manuals far more use to find faults than the workshop manuals (but thats just personal preference)