For Sale - 2012 Ferrari FF | FerrariChat

For Sale 2012 Ferrari FF

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by Darkshear, Jun 12, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Darkshear

Darkshear Karting

Mar 31, 2019
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Kalon Dillon
    My New Power Warranty is coming up for renewal at the end of June and it comes at a bad time while I'm trying to buy a house. As it turns out, removing the car from my finances may help with a smooth home purchase so I'm going to have to let the car go for now and re-purchase another FF or Lusso in the next year or two.

The exterior paint is Nero Daytona, however the car is currently wrapped in 3M satin red/black including side markers and the exposed sides of the tail lights. I get many compliments on this wrap job--it was very well done and has been the most resilient wrap I've ever had. Interior is Bordeaux with silver contrast stitching.

The options list on this car is generous. Lots of carbon bits, all the fun boxes checked except for the pano roof which wasn't available in the 2012. Car had a MSRP of over $400k (not sure exact number as I do not have the window sticker; somewhere between $401-408k based on the options list). See pics for the full list of configuration codes. While the original list does show the optional luggage and briefcase, those were not handed down to me (in my dreams, right?).

Clean CarFax; I am the third owner. Car started life sold from Ferrari of Central Florida in Orlando. It was returned there and purchased by the second owner who took it to the Carolinas before it found its way back to Florida for me to scoop up so it has been a southern car all its life.

My driving style is not especially aggressive. Car was always allowed to reach temperature in compliance with the specifications in the owner's manual before allowing the engine to rev high. Majority of my mileage was on highways, but a fair amount of city driving as well. I have mechanical sympathy for my cars and while I did absolutely enjoy the full range of the gears and throttle, I have never abused the car or pushed its mechanical limits. I have never taken the car on a closed course, track, drag strip, etc. I have used launch control a handful of times--more than 5 times, less than ten.

Maintenance is up-to-date with proactive oil changes at 5,000 miles. All maintenance history is available.

Car cover, two keys, all books, tool kit, factory battery charger and my CTEK 7002 charger w/ Ferrari adapter all included.

Mileage is at 30,620 and climbing as I do still drive it, albeit less at the moment all things considered.

Asking $117,900. Buyer is responsible for taking delivery; I will help in any way I can. The car is currently financed with my local credit union.

Some of the equipment highlights:
    • Alcantara carpets in cabin AND boot (an option I have come to love deeply!)
    • Lift system
    • Passenger display
    • Diamond-forged wheels (free of curb rash, although there is some lite clear coat chipping, presumably from a previous repair)
    • Carbon Central Zone
    • Carbon Driver Zone+ including carbon paddles
    • Carbon Central Bridge
    • Carbon dash inserts
    • Carbon tunnel handles
    • Carbon tunnel cup holder cover
    • Carbon interior door handles
    • Carbon interior door release lever inserts
    • Carbon rear vents and cup holder compartment
    • Alcantara headliner
    • Front & rear cameras
    • High-power Hi-Fi system
    • Power boot lid
    • Full electric plus ventilated seats
    Noteworthy items:
    • The speed sensor in the rear gearbox failed and was replaced in June of 2019 so that's out of the way at least. Speed Sensor Kit 3 was used for the repair (70004182)
    • Chassis number 187035
    • Tire tread on the Pilot Super Sports is about 30% in the read, 60% in the front
    • From time to time, about every ~500 miles or so, the car will throw a code for the secondary air intake system. This is an emissions system and is not relevant in Florida so I just clear the code and move on
    • There is a poorly done repair on the dash from the former owner, it is visible in the pictures below near the right side speaker on the dash
    • Windshield was replaced by Ferrari last year due to a rock impact. New factory windshield installed along with ClearPlex to avoid that in the future. The ClearPlex has already saved the glass from some potential damage
    • I never got around to fixing the sticky buttons on the HVAC controls
    • The passenger seat heater tends to turn itself on to level 1 somewhat randomly. I'm told this is a somewhat common issue the dealer has seen before and they replace the harness under the seat typically. I did not elect to do that
    • I have a Valentine 1 hard-wire kit installed and will leave it there if the buyer would like. It was a bi*ch to put in
    • While the front grill listed in the options list is accurate, it was painted all black to jive with the red/black wrap, as well as the silver mesh grills and Cavallinos around the car were painted to match. I think this was actually done with Plasti Dip because it is rubbery can be easily removed with a fingernail
    • If you elect to renew the New Power Warranty, do it before the expiration (6/27/2020) and the dealer should give a small discount. I was quoted $595 for inspection--$5750 for the warranty, less a $864 discount for renewing before expiration, and the $595 inspection is eligible for the 10% FCA membership discount. Your results may vary--that is through my local dealer
    • The rear mufflers were deleted by the previous owner (I do not have them). A video is attached of a cold start on the car as well as a short rev video. It is lovely! And at highway speeds the sound is excellent, no drone, and while it is audible from all speeds inside the cabin, it isn't overwhelming at all in my opinion. This turned out to be a really great characteristic of the car I hadn't planned on. My next FF or GTC4Lusso will absolutely have the same treatment. Cold start is on the louder side of course but hey, it's that V12 love you get :)

Q&A: Please feel free to post here or Inbox me directly for any questions and I'll add them to this section as this thread evolves

Videos:

Cold start

Lite revving

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Good luck with the sale! Hope you enjoyed it for the year you had it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. ferraricn

ferraricn Rookie

Mar 12, 2019
    Full Name:
    henry zhan
    my number is 9093583336, im interested

4. Marcus Frost

Marcus Frost Rookie

Apr 15, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Please email me, I am unable to DM you.

5. Darkshear

Darkshear Karting

Mar 31, 2019
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Kalon Dillon
    Doesn't appear I am able to message you directly. You can reach me at [email protected]

6. Darkshear

Darkshear Karting

Mar 31, 2019
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Kalon Dillon
    Couple quick updates as I just sunk $9,189 in to the car this month. New price is $114k.
    • Mileage is now 31,5XX
    • 4 new Michelin Pilot Sport 4S' were fitted yesterday, along with alignment performed
    • Serviced a few weeks ago:
      • PTU cooler lines replaced due to small leak
      • Re-certified for New Power warranty for another year; July 2021
      • Secondary air intake was fixed - left side valve replaced
    All service records are available.

7. Natkingcolebasket69

I like it- I think maybe taking the wrap off could help faster sale, red interior is also at times a bit harder to sell but definitely hang in tight, it’s worth what I are asking for!

gmo28 likes this.
  8. Darkshear

Darkshear Karting

Mar 31, 2019
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Kalon Dillon
    I've been thinking about taking the wrap off. That Nero Daytona is so pretty. But in Florida, a black car in the summer---ugh. Then I'd want to do ceramic and keep it under a cover until it sells. And I don't have that kind of self control :)

9. Natkingcolebasket69

I hear u, I split time with Florida, I do think it’s worth a shot or maybe add before wrap picture if u have any;)

10. ferraricn

ferraricn Rookie

Mar 12, 2019
    Full Name:
    henry zhan
    What’s ur number my number is 9093583336

11. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Black is imho a much prettier FF. I think Bordeaux ages so much better than rosso and Black and Bordeaux is classic. Your price is fair. Perhaps remove the wrap and paint correct without ceramic?

Hard to guess. Unless onE of the interest posts pans out here. The wrap is nice but the taste is so specific.

Your pictures remind me how the pinafarina versions (FF F12) are so pretty. I miss my FF but I know it’s getting amazing Love with its current owner.
    These are amazing cars with an incredible experience. The percentage of them with >20k miles says it all. Meant to be driven, space for everyday life and smiles to spare.

GLWS

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  12. G50carerra

G50carerra Rookie

Mar 15, 2015
    Melbourne FL
    ScudMarks likes this.
  13. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I actually kinda like the wrap.

Darkshear likes this.
  14. BDawkins

BDawkins Rookie

Aug 16, 2020
    Full Name:
    Bryan Dawkins
    I like the wrap too. Is the car still available? I'm in south Florida and interested.

15. Darkshear

Darkshear Karting

Mar 31, 2019
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Kalon Dillon
    Yessir it is still available.

16. gundamz

gundamz Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    Which part of FL are you located?

17. Darkshear

Darkshear Karting

Mar 31, 2019
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Kalon Dillon
    I'm in Tampa

18. Daniel Ding

Daniel Ding Rookie

Sep 8, 2020
    #18 Daniel Ding, Sep 8, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2020
    Is the car still available for sale ?

19. Darkshear

Darkshear Karting

Mar 31, 2019
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Kalon Dillon
    Yes it is. I'm not really advertising it anywhere else at the moment. For now.

20. Daniel Ding

Daniel Ding Rookie

Sep 8, 2020
    Got you. Assuming not for sale at this moment ?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

21. Darkshear

Darkshear Karting

Mar 31, 2019
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Kalon Dillon
    It is for sale, definitely. I was just saying I haven’t really gotten around to listing it anywhere else yet.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

22. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    make sure you don't sell the car if the buyer didn't see the car prior.

23. Darkshear

Darkshear Karting

Mar 31, 2019
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Kalon Dillon
    I can't imagine a scenario where the buyer buys it sight unseen...or did you mean something else...?

24. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    lol, you have no idea what is going on in the other section of discussion.

25. Darkshear

Darkshear Karting

Mar 31, 2019
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Kalon Dillon
    Oh you're talking about dgoldenz94's abysmal experience. Yeah :( I'd be heartbroken.