328 Motivation! | FerrariChat

328 Motivation!

Discussion in '308/328' started by Entelechy, Dec 23, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Entelechy

Entelechy Formula Junior

May 19, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Chris Cummings
    Hey All,

As some of you know, I'm researching/saving for a 328 GTS. I LOVE something Martin said, never to call them "dreams", but "goals" - an impt. distinction. Having just bought a house, it's still a ways off, but I wanted to turn to fellow F-chatters for some motivation.

If you happen to have any great hi-res photos of 328s - please e-mail them to me at [email protected] when/if you get a chance. I'm going to set up a space in my new office with the best shots up on the wall to give me that "extra inspiration" toward my goal.

Thanks in advance, and wish you all the best for the holidays :)
    ~Chris

P.S. - Saw my first Enzo in person today! I took a shortcut walking through the FBH repair center here on the westside. I was captivated looking at a gorgeous 328, 550, and 360 spider...suddenly I looked inside and up on a lift was a black Enzo - wow!

2. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Chris, good show! A house should be on everyone's list before the purchase of a Ferrari. You have a good set of priorities in place, and I'm sure the Ferrari "goal" will not be long.

Best regards,
    Dave (house almost paid for... :) )

PS, picture on the way....

3. Entelechy

Entelechy Formula Junior

May 19, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Chris Cummings
    Thanks Dave, looking forward to it :)

4. Entelechy

Entelechy Formula Junior

May 19, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Chris Cummings
    PS - my mailbox is capped at 5mb, so hopefully none got returned, but if so, I'm downloading as fast as I can, then clearing room for more. Thanks again to those who've already answered the call :)

~C

5. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Chris-

You've bought the house, now take out a Home Equity line of credit and buy an F-car! ;)

Seriously, you're doing things in the right perspective. Prior to the late 80s, buying a Ferrari and turning it around, would net you a higher return than buying a house and flip-flopping it.

Today though, it ain't so!

As Dave said, make your next 'goal' an F-car, and ye shall have it! :)

6. Entelechy

Entelechy Formula Junior

May 19, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Chris Cummings
    Thanks again...once I met my wife a couple years ago my priorities shifted completely (we just got married in Oct.). Still, she's all for me getting an F-car when the time comes :)

I also want to wait until I can enjoy one as a perk without having to struggle to own/maintain one. Lucky for me, this is one of the first times in life when my favorite design happens to be one of the most affordable (in Ferrari terms). I shared this story with Rob L. and Martin that when I was young, my father almost bought a 308 GTS QV. Ferrari of Seattle lent him one for the day and when he brought the brochure home, I spent countless days and hours looking at it. It's still my favorite car design and I like the 328 as the next evolution. It's also good incentive to get many of the projects I have in development off the ground this year.

Cheers,
    ~Chris