355 Coolant | FerrariChat

355 Coolant

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by tonyh, Jan 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Following incident mid-week when engine overheated, i need to fill header tank with coolant. Manual rec'ds Agip but will other brand do job and if so what brand shd i get?
    TIA
    Tony

2. 456mgt

456mgt Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2002
    Cambridge UK
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I'd ring the service centre of a main dealer. Bet they'll tell you what alternatives you could use. They're not going to lose business since there's no way you're going to pay them to do it.

And just having read your Verdi post, get someone at Karls to bung some coolant in!

3. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Cheers, Kevin.
    Any news on delivery date for CS yet?
    T

4. 456mgt

456mgt Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2002
    Cambridge UK
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    No change Tony (which is a good thing). Best guess is early March. My target is to collect on the ratburger Daz has promised me if I bring it up to Brunters :).

5. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    All things crossed for luck on deliv. date. See you on 1 Feb, weather permitting.
    T

6. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Hi Tony motorcycle coolant will do its soft water antifreeze mix,
    dont use tap water and mix it with antifreeze it will just rot the castings, gaskets over a period of time,
    the dealers will say only use agip and dont mix it maybe or maybe not,
    try and stick to whats in there and we know what that is,
    but as i said motorcycle coolant will do to top it up and next service get them to drain and flush the system,inc heater matrix,radiator and pipes front to rear,
    Dale.

7. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    cheers Dale. Will any coolant for alum. engine be ok also?

8. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Tony hi,it wont wreck the engine whatever type of liquid you put in it just kind'a judge how much youve put in,when was it last serviced,in miles or time,all types of car have unique history's,get the guys at the workshop there opinions,your best friend should be your ferrari technician when you want the best from your investment,
    sorry im not a ferrari tech but it's by no means rocket science so the lads in the workshop will sort it best for you tony,
    book it in tony dont risk it,and have some great summer fun in it,
    the sun does shine somtimes in the uk guy's????????????

Dale.

9. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    Tony, You can be the coolant you need in Halfords. You must make sure that you can use it for ALU engines. It will say on the back of the bottle. Get the ready mix coolant if you are unsure of the amount to mix.