AMP Terminal Board | FerrariChat

AMP Terminal Board

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by pma1010, Jan 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pma1010

pma1010 F1 Rookie

Jul 21, 2002
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Shown as item #7 on the wiring diagram of my 77 GTB OM. Can someone tell me the physical location on the car? Is it the white horizontal connector (about 3" x 1 1/2") below the lower row of relays?

Also, anyone know the feed wire?
    Thanks
    Philip

2. pma1010

pma1010 F1 Rookie

Jul 21, 2002
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Philip
  3. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    Yes, I believe that's correct although I'm looking at a '78 schematic (it's also shown, but not labeled, in the illustration of the fuses and relays at the back of the OM -- Chapter 5 electrical system) . It's just a 4-terminal connection/distribution point for the +12V power.

Not quite sure what you mean by "feed wire", but the largest single red wire (Cu10R) brings unfused +12V power directly from the battery (via the connections on the back of the starter). The slightly smaller (but still husky) single red wire (Cu6R) goes to the ignition switch. The other 2 multi-wire connectors are +12V power taps that go off to run all the other stuff.

4. pma1010

pma1010 F1 Rookie

Jul 21, 2002
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Thanks Steve. I recognize the part is illustrated (but not labeled) in the OM. Your interpretation of my imperfect wiring description is correct too.

I am looking at installing a kill switch. My thought is to interrupt this wire which will kill all power to switched and unswitched ancilliaries.