Any water leak experience with 360's? | FerrariChat

Any water leak experience with 360's?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by CUE99T, Mar 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CUE99T

CUE99T Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2004
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Has anyone got any problems with their 360 Modena and water it leaks or not as mine has been to Maranello twice now and they had stripped the whole car out according to Ferrari UK who happened to see it as they are based there too, and it came back sat outside for one week and now it'e got water in it again behind the seats, and they are sending a truck to get it and giving me a 4200GT in replacement for a few weeks as I'm up north which is a kind gesture but it's nopt what I asked for or paid for!! It's just madness that this car has leaked since I got it, albeit used but it's not a convertible so why should it leak?

Any ideas or comments anyone?

Paul

2. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Paul,
    i seem to recall a UK F chatter having a similar problem with water in his 360.I think he and 360Spider had a chat about it. I'll see if i can find the thread.

3. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

Tony that was Paul, I cannot see where the water is coming in from to be laying behind the seats.

Its obviously a manufacturer fault , Paul how old is the car?? If its recently purchased you can return it as faulty goods demand replacement or a refund if they fail to correct the fault this time out.

Joe

4. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    DOH! Sorry, Paul.....

5. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    This may be really off base. Many years ago I had a new Mini that had a water leak (I know you might say they do and what's a Mini got in common with a 360). However, there are, in most cars, floor drain bungs, which can be small, and one of these was missing.

A friend of mine also had another simiarish problem. A lot of cars have air valves that allow the doors to shut easily, shut the door, air rushes out of the value as the door closes, valve shuts when door closed. Reason it's a valve is to stop water/air getting back in. Mate had one of these that was fault in a Ford I think, water got in. Took ages to find.

Can't specifically help of the 360 but these are ideas that may point in other less obvious directions, although Maranello should be able to find the fault I would think

6. CUE99T

CUE99T Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2004
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Guys, cheers for the comments, it's mental that I've got to give it back, but the car has just turned 4 yrs old but I've had it for just over a year and they had it the 2nd time for 2 months and the guy at Maranello is really nice, but it doesn't make my car dry, but I like the idea that it is coming from below, it's a good point, but they told me that it was coming in the rear qtr panel window, and that they had fixed it, and they did give me a free service for the hassle, and truck the car down FOC too, so I'm not complaining about Maranello as I think they are very good at what they do.

You know I feel like just selling it, but will I just be stung in the pocket and getting other peoples peoblems, is this not what you get when you buy a used car, just someone elses problems?

The cars just the best otherwise and it's the perfect colour and everything i.e. my spec, but all this mess just makes me wanna buy another porsche and go back to 1 car instead of a few.

Paul

7. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Hi paul sorry to hear about you leak there,know how horible this can be,
    stick with the ferrari,im sure the guy's at maranello's will get you a fix this time,have a chat they may do it for free,

cheers
    Dale.

8. Izza

Izza Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London
    I have a spider that leaked at the back corner of the window. All leaks dropped down on the shoulder of the passenger and the floor behind the seat. It was solved by replacing the flange that sits at the top of the window by Evans in Birmingham.

Have a look at the rubber seals at the top of the window and compare to the other side. Furthermore, get someone to drive your car on the motorway whilst you sit in the passenger side. My damaged flange meant there was significantly more wind noise on that side of the car.

If flanges have been replaced look at the window as it goes up. Karl at Verdi's checked mine for play to see if window was getting to the top correctly.

Hope that helps!