BDR9 Debut at FoA | FerrariChat

BDR9 Debut at FoA

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by 512Professore, Sep 8, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 512Professore

512Professore Karting

Feb 3, 2004
    USA, GA.
    Full Name:
    Brian Strasburg
    FYI,

During my visit to FoA this afternoon, one of the guys (Ken) informed me that Astin Martin has funding for some AMLS races. As a result, the DBR9 will be on display at FoA on Tuesday September 27th. The drivers will be in attendance as well, and probably availble for autgraphs, etc. FoA also said the event will most likely occur after normal business hours, something like 6-8:30pm or 5:30-8:30pm. I inquired if they would be sending out postcard notices, but since the short notice, they may not get it all completed. I would expect something to be announced on their web site.

Anyway, this sounds like a great event, and I certainly plan on attending.

Man, I wonder what that V-12 sounds like in a full race configuration..... must be awesome, as the stock DB9 sounds wonderful. Maybe they will crank the engine for us???!!!!???!??!! It would be very nice to see the car have a podium finish.

Brian

2. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    I wish they could keep things like that on the weekends for people like me.

3. reubenk

reubenk Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2004
    atlanta burbs
    Full Name:
    reuben k
    would be refreshing to see somebody give the vettes a run for their money!

4. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    The stock DB9 does sound great. Ferrari could take a lesson from Aston about how to get its modern cars to sound so good. Modern Ferraris have lost some of the great sound the older ones make IMHO.

5. mini_ferrari

mini_ferrari Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Chattanooga, TN
    Full Name:
    Jerry Preisel
    Wish I could go to that, but I've got to work. I will be down there on the 17th if anyone wants to meet up.

6. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    Stop by the First Redeemer Car Show on the 17th...you can see the particulars in this section.

7. mini_ferrari

mini_ferrari Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Chattanooga, TN
    Full Name:
    Jerry Preisel
    haha I forgot all about that, I will definatley be there.