Big model car contest in November: | FerrariChat

Big model car contest in November:

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Gatorrari, Aug 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    On Saturday, November 13, the Southern Nationals model car contest and swap meet will be held at the Smyrna Community Center on Atlanta Road in Smyrna, GA. This is annually the biggest model car contest in greater Atlanta and one of the biggest in the southeast.

This year the theme is: Prancing Horses--Mustangs and Ferraris (celebrating the 40th anniversary of the Ford Mustang and the 50th year of Ferrari in the U.S.).

General admission is only $2, and free for children under 12. In addition, kids under 12 will be able to take part in a "Make & Take" event in which they will learn modeling skills under the guidance of adult modelers; all participants will get a free model kit.

I plan to bring my 328 to the show; I intend to ask the host club if they will set aside a special parking area for Ferraris. So start thinking about it. More info on the show is at www.acme-ipms.com.

2. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Thanks for the info, I may want to enter one of my Ferrari models, I just finished a TR Spider that I will bring to ICD (Scaledetails is one of the sponsors), and I will also bring my Ferrari if parking is available, see you there!

Stephane
    Scaledetails