Blind man caught driving | FerrariChat

Blind man caught driving

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Fan512bbi, Nov 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    Although registered blind for almost 20 years, police arrested a man having caught him piloting a van -- with his white stick lying next to him.

The driver, who hails from the Italian town of Bari, looks likely to face charges of fraud as it later emerged that he's been claiming state disability benefit for the last 18 years.

How was he nabbed? Employees at a garden centre, where the 59-year-old was an assistant -- and known as officially 'blind' -- spotted CCTV footage of his getting into a van and driving away.

His employers then dialled the police and told them about it. The police confiscated his stick before arresting and charging him.

There's no sign that the police in the UK are likely to be doing the same thing with many of the white van drivers on the Britain's motorways.

2. ferrari fernatic

BANNED

Apr 12, 2004
    london
    Full Name:
    Fawad
  3. collette 512bbi

collette 512bbi Formula Junior

Sep 9, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Collette
    I'm really starting to wonder what the roads are coming too.

4. spidr

spidr Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    A new scam....

What's that...I can't hear you????

What will people will do always boggles my mind...Pulling it off for 18 yrs...geez

5. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Nice scam, LOL!

You can still see (sort of) and be legally blind.

My father was coined legally blind without corrective lenses and is between a -1200 or -1300 in each eye. He's just turned 54. I'm 27 and at -700 power in both eyes as I found out a few weeks ago. Each year my perscription worsens by -50 to -75 in each eye thanks to my career field.