Builders Risk Insurance | FerrariChat

Builders Risk Insurance

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Scudmsl, Dec 23, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
    Does anyone have any experience with builders risk insurance that they would be willing to share? We are in the process of adding a new garage/office/bedroom to our vacation home and are having a tough time finding good options with our current homeowners insurance company...in fact they are canceling our policy because of the construction even though it has minimal impact to the existing structure. Looking for some insights or recommendations from the always reliable F-chat community. Thanks!

Texas Forever likes this.
  2. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Think of builders risk as an inventory risk inventory policy. If you are a builder, you can’t buy homeowners insurance, because you are not a homeowner. I’ve never heard of an individual homeowner’s policy canceling due to a remodel. But, then again, this is not my space.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Scudmsl likes this.
  3. MotorMouth

MotorMouth Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 6, 2010
    MA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    The appropriate coverage is liability and workers comp on the builders end. Basic homeowners has things to cover random people getting hurt on your property, but not when work/payment is involved (friend slips on ice etc)