Charity Drives? | FerrariChat

Charity Drives?

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by Black355, Feb 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    Does anyone know of any charity events that take advantage of fun cars?

2. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    Whoops. I posted too quickly. Let me elaborate:

- Is there something like the Avon Runb/Walk for cars used as a fund raiser for a cause?

- Is there a "car show" of sorts that goes to pediatric wards for sick kids to see some fun cars?

- Is there a blood drive that could be a check point or end point in a rally or something like that?

It would seem to me that there's got to be some sort of charity that targets guys with nice cars (who [allagedly] have some extra $$ to donate).

Maybe we should start something. Any ideas? :)

3. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    Yes , ferrari of long island has an annual hampton run in june or july which benefits the juvenile diabetes. check their website Ferrarili.com

4. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
  5. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    See my posting on the April 24th "ROE." I am trying to include a charity component to it. I happen to work for a non-profit NJ hospital that provides plenty of uncompensated charity care. I was hoping that we could tie the Run Out East to some way raise funds for our Foundation. Perhaps as simple as purchasing raffle tickets for our Charity Ball.
    Sam

6. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sam.

Let me know on the raffle idea. I'll get the tix done N/C, we can make them into books or whatever.

Could probably get someone at one of our many sponsor sights to donate stuff for a raffle basket of goodies, or multiple sponsors/items, along with a cash prize of some sort.

Dave

7. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Almost forgot. I have a friend who runs a Spring and Fall Rally that's sponsored by Great Race that raises money for a variety of great charities. Also includes t-shirt, custom poster, and other various and sundry items.

One is a one day event, the other is a two day event. It runs through southern PA, into Delaware and south Jersey.

It is, however, a time-distance rally with some serious pros. But, it also has 50-60 classic, antique and exotic cars and always has a featured manufacturer. I could get a Fall event organized with him if we felt we could provide 10-12 cars with drivers/navigators to participate. I'd see if Ferrari could be the featured car.

Since I produce the poster, we could have some of our owner cars on that poster for the fall.

Just tossing it out there as an idea.

Dave

8. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    We'll talk. Thanks!