Ferrari French Quarter & the Make-A-Wish Car | FerrariChat

Ferrari French Quarter & the Make-A-Wish Car

Discussion in 'Louisiana' started by Mandy #19, Nov 9, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mandy #19

Mandy #19 Rookie

Nov 9, 2003
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Mandy Williams Reimert
    I love the new site. However, I was going to respond to some of the messages regarding my Ferrari Challenge #19 Make-A-Wish car and didn't get a chance .. and they seem to be lost forever. If my memory serves me right, Dave and Matt asked about the car. Well, after two and half years of running it hard the engine finally decided it needed a rest. Unfortunately, it decided that in a big way on Friday morning and so my weekend was abruptly brought to a halt.

However, the car will be back next season so I can continue my fund-raising efforts for Make-A-Wish. I am quickly approaching the half-million dollar mark, and so plan to be very visible! And I can't wait for next year's Fench Quarter Classic!!

2. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Hey Mandy,
    Glad to hear that she'll "live again"! I guess the bright side is that it happened at the track with your support trailer right there and everything.
    You definitely had the right outlook towards things when you said that compared to the situations of the kids you help, the engine problem was minor! BTW, I was the one who said in my previous post about how Make-A-Wish sent my family to Disneyland a few months before my little brother died from Leukemia. Keep up the GOOD WORK!!

Dave

3. Chip D

Chip D Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2003
    Louisiana
    Mandys Car

4. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    I loved your car!! Too bad about the engine problems but there is always next year. As soon as I saw your car the Thursday everyone arrived I grabbed my camera. First one I took out of 230!

5. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
  6. Mako

Mako Rookie

Nov 12, 2003
    Dear Ms. Reimert,

I am executive director of the Cars of the Stars Charity Race, which will benefit the Make-A-Wish foundation. I saw your Ferrari in a search for photos for the site and knew I had to get in touch with you.

On June 20, 2004 (tentative) the Cars of the Stars Charity Race will occur in Los Angeles at the Irwindale Speedway. I would absolutely love to have you attend and drive your Ferrari, or any car you choose. Please check out the website, still in staging but nearing completion, at:

www.zaudhaus.com/staging/cotsr

Please feel free to contact me for more details. I have been in contact with Chuck Sawyer in the LA MAW offices as well. Having you at the race would be both an honor and a pleasure, and you'll get to show some of the stars how to DRIVE a car!

David Zartman
    [email protected]

7. Mandy #19

Mandy #19 Rookie

Nov 9, 2003
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Mandy Williams Reimert
    Thank you for the invitation to your Cars of the Stars Charity Race, which will benefit the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Since your event is mid-season, I need to finalize my 2004 race schedule before I can determine whether I can get my car to California for your event. However (as anyone who knows me will confirm) when it comes to Make-A-Wish, I'll do whatever I can to make it happen.

The Make-A-Wish slogan is “the power of a wish” …. and I have seen how a wish can give back what a life-threatening illness takes away – LAUGHTER – STRENGTH – HOPE. The power of a wish makes the power of a Ferrari seem so small in comparison.

8. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Mandy, I'll be sending my check to partially match Peter's good work here on MAW's behalf.

But, curious minds want to know... Did you get your engine, ah, fixed yet? I seem to recall you mentioning to your significant other in New Orleans that the car might need a, uh, tune up or something...

DrTax

9. Mandy #19

Mandy #19 Rookie

Nov 9, 2003
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Mandy Williams Reimert
    Ferrari of Houston had the car "fixed" just after Thanksgiving. As you may remember, my roof displays the names of people and companies making contributions to Make-A-Wish and so I used the holiday season to get an early start on my fund-raising efforts for the 2004 season.

10. Mandy #19

Mandy #19 Rookie

Nov 9, 2003
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Mandy Williams Reimert
    DrTax,

Thank you very much for your support of Make-A-Wish.

Who is Peter?

11. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
  12. Mandy #19

Mandy #19 Rookie

Nov 9, 2003
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Mandy Williams Reimert
    Thanks for the link. It looks like Peter is supporting the MAW in the San Fran area. I'm on the board of MAW - Texas Gulf Coast, which supports Houston/College Station. What do yout think we should do for this region? If we can raise $1,000 for MAW then that will buy a decal on the roof of the Make-A-Wish Ferrari Challenge #19. How about I match all contributions?

13. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Mandy, I'm good for $250.

Dale