help! ebay indonesia ripoff | FerrariChat

help! ebay indonesia ripoff

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by 95spiderman, Dec 12, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    i recently sold a watch i had listed on ebay to someone in indonesia who contacted me privately. now it seems mastercard is voiding the transaction as the card holder denies buying the watch. i have shipping info receipts and an email from the buyer.

am i screwed?

2. rcallahan

rcallahan F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 15, 2002
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Bob Callahan
  3. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    That really sucks. I can understand why some sellers won't ship outside the USA. Try to contact his credit card company.

Good Luck.

4. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    Never sell anything to anyone who love in Indonesia or Qatar. Paypal has always adivsed their sellers to be careful with these countries. I guess there are too many f*cken crooks there.

5. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Maybe you're not so screwed.

Did you ship to the billing address of the credit card? When you charge cards, do you enter the address?

In my business, when I charge a card, I have to enter the billing address as well as the card info (CC number, expiration, amount, etc). Without the right billing address, the card will decline (and the decline message comes from the card issuing bank, not my bank).

So if you confirmed the address, and you shipped to that address, and you have a tracking number showing you shipped there, it would be handled like a regular return "Oh you don't want it? just ship it back and we'll credit you".

You say the buyer denies buying it - do they deny BUYING it or RECEIVING it or both? If they deny buying it but they did get it, just have them ship it back. If they deny both, see the aforementioned info RE: billing address.

Bottom line is this is a standard scam and the VENDOR (you) is the one who gets screwed in the deal. Someone in a foreign country buys something on a stolen credit card, has it shipped to them overseas, cardholder sees this charge on their card, calls CC company who does an investigation with you then allows or rejects the charge. What it comes down to is that, in the eyes of the CC companies, its YOUR job to make sure that charges and shipments are not fraudulent, because they won't be eating the charges.