Help, I took off my front bumper !!!! | FerrariChat

Help, I took off my front bumper !!!!

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by 92verdescuro348ts, Dec 21, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 92verdescuro348ts

Dec 14, 2003
    Seattle Washington
    Full Name:
    Carlo
    Hello All-
    First, I love this site.

At any rate, I took off the front bumper to get 11 years of rock chips repaired and when the bumper came off I did not see where the connection was for the left and right turn signals. The lines are on the bumper but I can't locate where they plugged into. I see were the fog lights went, but not the turn signals.

2. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    Just looked at my 348. There are two connectors directly under the drivers side headlight, I can stick my head under the bumper and see them. Unplugging them disables the turn signals.

Did you get my message about the rear bumper?

3. 92verdescuro348ts

Dec 14, 2003
    Seattle Washington
    Full Name:
    Carlo
    JB-
    Thanks for looking, it was driving me crazy. Yes, I did get the note on the rear bumper. I have been having so much fun working on the car that I think I am going to keep it now. Since I had it on blocks to take off the bumper, I decided to change the oil. I can not believe how easy it was to do and the fact that I had paid so much to have it done in the past. What type of oil do you use up here in WA?

4. ShanB

ShanB Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2003
    Tejas/Europe/Desert
    Full Name:
    shanb
    If I remember correctly, the turn signals plug into the harness for the fog lights, and the fog lights plug into the car.

As for oil, I've always used Mobil-1 15W-50 every place we've lived (cold north and hot south) and for all our cars. Good quality oil and easy to find in 5-qt jugs at most Wal-Marts.

I'm glad to see you're having fun working on your car and are thinking about keeping it - I love tinkering on mine. I find the design amazingly simple and easy to work on. Do you have the parts and workshop manuals? They are essential on these cars.

5. ShanB

ShanB Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2003
    Tejas/Europe/Desert
    Full Name:
    shanb
    I thought this might help:

6. 92verdescuro348ts

Dec 14, 2003
    Seattle Washington
    Full Name:
    Carlo
    SB-

Thanks for the pictures and the note, know I do not have the pats and workshop book. I think I will be asking for those for a B-day gift.

Yeah, up unitl three days ago I was going to sell the 348 and pick up 1a 911 cab, something that I could drive the wife and daughter in at the same time. I have been having soo much fun messing with it that I can not wait to drive it again.

7. ShanB

ShanB Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2003
    Tejas/Europe/Desert
    Full Name:
    shanb
    Hey - glad to help anytime!

Funny - I sold my 993 Cab to buy the 348 a few months ago.

Porsche builds an excellent car, but the Ferrari offers a level of excitement (sound, looks, rarity?) that my 993 couldn't match.