leaking F1 gearbox oil on 360 question? | FerrariChat

leaking F1 gearbox oil on 360 question?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by nicthegreek, Nov 17, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nicthegreek

nicthegreek Rookie

Jan 2, 2005
    Argyll
    Full Name:
    nic
    am having intermittent leaking of F1 gearbox oil on my year 2000 360. keep checking reservoir as manual asks, just as car is cooling down with ignition on position 2. fill up to near max mark. then when driving, on gearchanges and braking/accelorating, (due to the fluid moving around i guess) it leaks from the reservoir lid (i think, there is liquid residue over the reservoir) (the gasket seal is on the cap lid and on properly as is the cap screwed on well). No obvious pipes lookse but it spurts out somehow (there is a small deliberate hole in the cap at the side which ferrari made not sure if its coming from here). then you get smoke clouds eminating from the rear d/s around the reservoir when driving, i assume the F1 fluid leaking on to the hot exhausts (most disconcerting !, when stationary in or out of gear-no smoke) it leaks to such a point that the fluid is lower than the min. but i am worried about it being low all the time as i think its only something like 1 litre in there ! any similar experiences or advice greatly received.