Need help in choosing first Ferrari | FerrariChat

Need help in choosing first Ferrari

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by skyhigh, Sep 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. skyhigh

skyhigh Formula 3

Jun 28, 2004
    SoCal
    Ok, I see a Ferrari in the near future (3 to 6 months). I am looking at the 308s (GT4, GTB, GTS) and Mondial. I like all of those models and they are all great cars and have been reading information on this site about them. But it has been a while since I have seen any of the 308s in person. Also I have never sat in or ridden/driven a Ferrari. I think my first way to narrow my choices down is to see and sit in one to see how I fit (I am 6'2" 200lbs). I have two people with a 308GT4s that have said I could see their cars. Question is are there any 308 GTB/GTS or Mondial owners in the Conejo Valley or anywhere near? Thanks.

2. matteo

matteo F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    On a plane somewhere
    Full Name:
    Heir Butt
    PM me. I work in Thousand Oaks and I drive my car to work on Friday's

3. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    My dad has a 308 GTS. It's a great car! Mondial's a great too, but for us, the back seats are pretty much useless. But for you, I don't know. My dad may be willing to give you a ride, but he wouldn't go out that far, we are in Long Beach. Maybe if we see you at CC, or on a drive, you might be able to talk him into it.

4. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Easy.l

The newest one you can afford.

DL

5. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Don't know if you're long-legged but certainly with a cab or gts in SoCal your headroom need not be a problem most of the time!

Cheers
    Kevin

6. millerphatty

millerphatty Karting
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Davenport, IA
    Full Name:
    Matthew Miller
    I am 6'2" and about 250lbs. I am a bit bigger but I would say open your horizons. of the choices you made I would say a Mondial. They are big inside for two people and look a bit better than the Dino 308GT4. But have you thought about a 400? 4 seater big inside with a V12. This wraps up the lowest priced end of ferraris, but I would say that of those cars You would probably be most happy with a Mondial. I don't know your $$ situation but the newer Mondial with the 348 motor is a better balanced and faster car! But they are more $$$

7. BeachBum

BeachBum Formula 3

Duane, im in T.O. above the los robles golf course, if you want to go for a ride one evening let me know, probably be taking the car into the body shop next monday, some jerk backed into my door at the gas station, other then a little dent in my drivers door, shes running great, Craig

8. skyhigh

skyhigh Formula 3

Jun 28, 2004
    SoCal
    Thank everyone for the advice and ride offers. Narrowing down my choices. If I go coupe it would probably be a 308GT4. A 308GTS or Mondial Cab would be the other choice and I won't have to worry about headroom. My budget will be about 30k so a my 1st choice of a QV 308 or 3.2 Mondial might be a little harder to find. Any more suggestion or any leads on cars would be greatly appreciated.

9. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Martin of Cavallino Motors has a beautiful 1986 328 GTS for sale right now red/blk...willing to give a discount to f-chatters...

Here is the thread:
    http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32496

if you can push your budget a tad bit more, you might be able to pick up a 328... they are great cars!

Byron