Need help on my 599gtb | FerrariChat

Need help on my 599gtb

Discussion in '612/599' started by Molon Labe, Jan 29, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Molon Labe

Molon Labe Rookie

Jan 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Michael yatco
    Hello , i just signed up . I am hoping to get some help ...i bought my 599 GTB 7 months ago. It has 9k kilometers. The backlight LED on Speedo and Tach doesn't light up so its pitch dark at night and LCD on the Cluster gauge screen has burnt marks although its working the Cluster works well. Other than that ...The ac needs servicing and cleaning. I had the Cluster sent out to a known Ferrari Cluster repair company in California. While waiting for the cluster ....i had the AC system cleaned they had to remove the top part of the dash and center console.. then finally the Cluster arrived.. They were able to replace the LCD and Led.. i had it intalled. And started the car... Wow its all working. No faults. Cluster is like brand new.
    I took the car out for a drive and after a few minutes of driving my car doesn't shift to 4th gear and just stayed on 3rd. Tried auto and paddle same thing rpm stayed at2500 on 3rd....Never had that problem before. No faults. I pulled over turned off the engine and restarted. For a moment it was fine It shifted to 4th and 5th then again it won't shift to 4th atter a few minutes. I brought it to the Local Ferrari dealer and they went ahead and installed the Diagnostics scanner.
    To our surprise car couldn't communicate with the ferrari computer. They said there is probably a loose connection... They have it now for a week and still couldn't find any loose connection. Before i had the cluster repaired their computer had no problem communicating with the car.
    Please help us figure this out. Thanks

2. Molon Labe

Molon Labe Rookie

Jan 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Michael yatco
    Just an update ...the local dealer found some loose relays and finally was able to communicate with the canbus. Thanks again

Jamarico likes this.