New 575/360... | FerrariChat

New 575/360...

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Pat, Jan 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Pat

Pat Karting

Jan 2, 2004
    Genova, Italy
    Full Name:
    Emanuele
    The new "575" (the name won't be the same, as usual), will come one year after the start of the sales of the 612.

new "575" will come with a 45/55 (front/rear) weight distribution, and a 6.0 litre V12 with 630 Hp; same performance as the SLR McLaren with lower costs; there will also be an opened (spyder) version of the new "575", for the first time it won't be a "limited" but a series car;

the new 360 will come one year later (in no much more than 2 yrs from now) with a V8 4.0 litre, worked out from the Enzo's V12;with no much more than 470 hp on the starting version and something more than 500 on the "challenge stradale" type;

They says these things in Fiat....but maybe you already know (in this case, just sorry)

;)

2. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Velly intellesting...

3. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    interesting data.

can you please clarify your source of this information? someone at fiat? a fiat publication?

many thanks,
    doody.

4. Pat

Pat Karting

Jan 2, 2004
    Genova, Italy
    Full Name:
    Emanuele

sure...it's a friend of mine, he works at CRF (Fiat Research Centre), but these are not "official" news....;)

5. mrmckay

mrmckay Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2003
    MD, USA
    Full Name:
    Chris
  6. Pat

Pat Karting

Jan 2, 2004
    Genova, Italy
    Full Name:
    Emanuele
  7. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Sweet - thanks for the info. I heard the 575 replacement is going to have some version of that Enzo engine too. I'm assuming that it's still going to be front engine? That's what people have been telling me.

8. Pat

Pat Karting

Jan 2, 2004
    Genova, Italy
    Full Name:
    Emanuele
    well, that's all right ;)

front engine, it's a GT, will maybe follow something of 612 in that way....

9. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    thanks pat!

i've maintained that they left a lot of money on the table by not doing a Maranello Spider - and the model line might do better through the end of its lifecycle had it had that option. for example, i believe the 360 line is now primarily producing mostly spiders and stradales.

any word on whether the new 12-coupe will be front engined still? 45/55?

doody.

10. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    They're still making coupes, altho they are almost all F1 equipped, very few manual gearbox cars.

Gary

11. shelbee

shelbee Guest

I look forward to see the photo of 575M spider. But personally IMHO spider should be the entry level mid engine Ferrari

12. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    oh - absolutely. didn't mean to imply they weren't. my understanding though is that the 8 line is (a) producing CS's in place of regular coupes and (b) has upped output of spiders. so as a result, fewer (notably fewer) regular coupes are being produced.

i'm curious. why do you feel so?

the daytona spider and 275GTS and 250 cabriolets certainly are worthy front-engine twelve convertibles.

doody.

13. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    Interesting. Good info, who is your source?

Gary

14. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    that's basically what my dealer told me when i inquired about a 360 modena roughly 6 months ago. makes sense - they didn't add a new production line for the CS (unless they're producing it on the twelve line - i believe they've done stuff like that now and then, right?).

doody.

15. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    My understanding is that 360F1 production has largely been switched to 360CS but that the number of 360 manual cars will be about the same as 2003.

16. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    they only produce 4,300 cars per year (4,250 in 2002). the ratio of 8s to 12s is purportedly 12:8 (oddly enough). so you're talking about 2,500 or so 8 cylinder cars per year.

they're going to make 900 stradales. if they split it over two whole years that's roughly 20% of production (maybe more) dedicated to CSs. something has to give. that's at least 20% less coupes. and if they up spider production to better meet demand the coupes have to suffer further.

unless they are doing 8 production on the 12 line. i remember cmparr saying he'd seen 360 challenge cars going down the 12 line, but those are piddling production compared to any road-going 360, so it seems like it'd require excessive re-tooling. plus, i'm sure they're ramping 612 production pretty seriously (though maranellos aren't flying out of the showrooms - though nowhere near the backlog of 456s at the end of production).

fwiw,
    doody.

17. Pat

Pat Karting

Jan 2, 2004
    Genova, Italy
    Full Name:
    Emanuele
    550 had a limited version without roof, the "barchetta"
    don't know about 360 sales, but the spyder is very important now.

Yes, the coupé V12 will be front engined with a 45/55 weight distribution.

18. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    On that website someone(zzboba) wrote this...

''here's my latest info on this subject:

BOTH rumours are true!
    1. the "evo" version with enzo-ish rear lights, around 450 HP and slight modifications will come in 2004 for sure.
    2. the "really new" 360 (probably called "420 monza") will follow 1.5 - 2 years later.
    sounds to me like ferrari is adopting porsche's model strategy
    btw, i changed my contract for the "next 360" to the "really new 360". with the RS in my garage there's no hurry''

Do you guys its true?

19. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    2004 for a change to the 360 doesn't sound too likely as the 360CS is only just shipping. I have one due for delivery in April/May and if a 450BHP revamped 360 was coming I'd cancel it for that as the Europe 360CS at 425BHP would be 25BHP light.

Where did you get your dates?

20. Pat

Pat Karting

Jan 2, 2004
    Genova, Italy
    Full Name:
    Emanuele
    sounds to me like ferrari is adopting porsche's model strategy
    btw, i changed my contract for the "next 360" to the "really new 360". with the RS in my garage there's no hurry''

Do you guys its true?[/QUOTE]

didn't know anything about the 360 restyling, I'm waiting for reply by my friend ;)

no porsche's model strategy....no Cayennes on Ferrari's way!!! ;) :D

21. Pat

Pat Karting

Jan 2, 2004
    Genova, Italy
    Full Name:
    Emanuele

sorry guys, just a stupid question: when you say CS, what does exactly mean? It seemed to me I had understood but now I have doubts...

really sorry for my stupidity :(

22. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    360 Challenge Stradale

23. ze_shark

ze_shark Formula 3

Jul 13, 2003
    Switzerland (NW)
    When I visited the factory in November, there was:
    - the Enzo line (so to say)
    - the V8 line, lots of CS, a few std 360 Coupes & Spiders
    - the V12 lines, several 612s prep'd for Detroit, a couple of 575, and a couple of 360s to fill the line

24. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    I should ask the guy who wrote this on rennteam.com.

25. Pat

Pat Karting

Jan 2, 2004
    Genova, Italy
    Full Name:
    Emanuele
    yes. I am stupid.

Thanks ;)