No drive this weekend... | FerrariChat

No drive this weekend...

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by tifosi12, Oct 31, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    ...good coincidence given the new FChat board. Will take a while until it is up to speed and everybody has made the switch.

Bob, wanted to come over this weekend, but the forecast is against us. So I'll work on the car in my garage. Hopefully soon some other weekend.

2. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Andreas. I put a new post about another drive in this new forum. Under,"More Drives" again. Maybe Sat 11/08 or preferably,Sunday 11/09. I will be going,so,if anyone else would like to join me. Then,that would be great!

3. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    The weather does look very "Iffy" this weekend.

4. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I went out on a 100+ mile ride in the mist and rain, on one of my old bikes w/out helmet and rain gear. We had about 20 vintage or at least interesting bikes attend, I had a great time. It was the longest one day ride the bike has ever been on.... now it has 828 miles on it.

5. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Bill,when was that? I saw a guy on an old "Enfield" yesterday,with a "vintage" helmet on. It had a Black tank with Gold script. He was stopped at a traffic light right next to us at Westmore-Meyers Rd. and Roosevelt Rd.(Rt.38) in Lombard.

6. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Also,I told you about the old Zundapp 125cc Dirt bike that I had 30 years ago. My one uncle was a HUGE BSA freak. He had a couple when I was a kid,but,I couldn't begin to tell you which models that they were. But,it was in the mid to late '60's. And,I always wanted a Norton 850 Commando. Black with the Gold script. Mrs. will not let me have anymore motorcycles after the crash that I had in '82...UNLESS...I get the steel rods taken out of my Femur! And,after 21 years,I think I may have "grown attached to them" in more ways than one! (But,in light of that,she has no problem with me having more than 1 Ferrari. I knew I married the right girl!)

7. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    We were out terrorizing the motoring public on sunday. But, we were in Northern Indiana the whole time. In the group there was a number of BSA's, Nortons, Triumphs and a host of others. We stopped at a couple of friends' houses (for a little libation and culinary reinforcement), and looked over their bikes, Rickman Triumphs, HD XR750, HD XR1000, HD KRTT, HD CRTT and other race bikes, It was a great day.

8. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I also,always thought that a Harley XR750,or XR1000 would be really cool if you could put lights and stuff on it to make it streetable. Look out,NINJA'S! No Black Enfield,though? That guy needs to join your motorcycle club!

9. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    No, my Rickman Enfield was the only one on the drive. Was the one that you saw a single cylinder or twin?

10. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Sometime in the future, I will find an original XR750 and add the lights, it is a cool bike.

11. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Mr. Buttcrack (Bill),

Go to your room.......sorry I ever told you about the new site!!

12. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Hi.Bill. The Black Enfield that I saw was a single cylinder bike. It had a Black tank,with Gold script,just "Enfield" Not,"Royal Enfield".. The guy riding it had on a black,"vintage" helmet with a visor. This was on Sunday,early afternoon. Also,I remember seeing Evil Knievel at the old Amphitheatre sometime in the Early 70's. He jumped over 20 something cars and small trucks. His head just missed hitting the ceiling support beams by INCHES! I don't know what he had-XR750's,or.XR1000's-probably both. But,I always thought that it would be way cool to make one "streetable". When I was a teenager(through the 70's). I had a girlfriend that had a couple brothers who always had the same bike as each other. They had BMW's for a while. Moto Guzzi sport bikes. (one of my younger brothers also had a Moto Guzzi. I could never get used to the Horizontally opposed cylinders.) Then,they had some very cool Ducati's. They drove European cars,only. Porsches,VW,Volvo. But,no Ferrari's!