P1 type club in LA? | FerrariChat

P1 type club in LA?

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by godzilla, Nov 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. godzilla

godzilla Karting

Feb 9, 2004
    surrey
    Full Name:
    David Yu
    Hi Guys,

David Yu (of evo magazine fame) here again!

Do any of you guys know of a club based in LA that is similar to Damon Hill's P1 that I was a member of?

For those of you who are not aware of it, P1 is a club based near London that allows members access to an incredible array of supercars, including nearly all the f-cars (bar the Enzo!) and most of the P-cars as well as Gallardo, Murcielago, DB9, Vanquish etc.

Their website is www.p1international.com to give you the full breakdown of cars etc.

I have heard that in a recent issue of Vanity Fair, they mentioned a similar club is being established in LA.

Can anyone head me in the right direction?

Many thanks!

p.s. the Cizeta article has been written and will be appearing shortly in Evo.
    I'm still pitching a short article about Crystal Cove, but have yet to find a firm taker!

2. matteo

matteo F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    On a plane somewhere
    Full Name:
    Heir Butt
    there was a mention about a club like this in forza or dupont. I forget which one. It was a point system. a 360 on a weekend was like 6 points. I think for like $25 k you get 25 points. It was a recent article. I'll see if I can find it.

3. godzilla

godzilla Karting

Feb 9, 2004
    surrey
    Full Name:
    David Yu
    thanks Matt! Anyone else know anything about this club?

4. PatrickShim

PatrickShim Formula 3

Jun 14, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Patrick Shim
    http://www.vanquishenterprises.com/theEquus.htm

My company is currently working on it. You should see it open around the Fall '05 in Beverly Hills and '06 in Newport area.

The membership dues will vary from $5k~30k, and monthly due between $750~$3,500. We will have this club run like some of the other social clubs, such as the Jonathan Club or the California Club (invitation only by other members).

- Patrick

* If you are interested in joining, please send email to [email protected].

5. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
  6. PatrickShim

PatrickShim Formula 3

Jun 14, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Patrick Shim

They are not in a full operation yet, and somewhat under funded.

7. godzilla

godzilla Karting

Feb 9, 2004
    surrey
    Full Name:
    David Yu
    That's great, thanks guys!

Are there any others? Was it HCC who were featured in Vanity Fair?

Looks like there are going to be alternatives to sinking $100ks into your own car!

Any further info gratefully received.

8. matteo

matteo F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    On a plane somewhere
    Full Name:
    Heir Butt
  9. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    That's what I thought-- I noticed that they had a big launch party back in May but I haven't heard anything since then. They probably blew their wad on the party hoping that the funding would follow; rarely a good idea (I've seen it too many times).

-Chris

10. godzilla

godzilla Karting

Feb 9, 2004
    surrey
    Full Name:
    David Yu
    So can anyone confirm the existence of a club already up and running?

Does anyone know which one was featured in Vanity Fair?
    (I'm not a subscriber!)

11. carclubla

carclubla Karting

Aug 6, 2004
    Encino, calif
    Full Name:
    Ronald
    Godzilla, i tried selling factional ownership in 2 ferraris, 355 red spider and 360
    yellow coupe, but really got no response. i was planning to sell 25 to 50% of each car to get a group together and then trade them when someone wants to try a different car. if you write me i would tell you more on how it works. ron. 818 981-7777wk.

12. sirbob

sirbob Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2004
    South Orange County
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I saw an article in the LA Times a few months ago..they talked about Janett Jackson and a few other celebs being members. I don't recall the name of the club but some of the info in earlier post was quoted...point system to use towards cars of your choice...the more expensive the car the more points for use etc.

They said it was based in LA...you may want to research the LA Times back articles???

13. Koby

Koby Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    The Borough, NJ
    Full Name:
    Jason Kobies
    Another suggestion for Hollywood Car Club, who has a mention in a recent issue of Automobile Magazine here in the sates.

David, if I could just take a moment, I really want to express my appreciation for you and the rest of the staff at evo, you guys do a phenomenal job. evo is hands down the best car magazine in the world. Keep up the good work.