rear speakers in a boxer | FerrariChat

rear speakers in a boxer

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by robertinOK, Dec 24, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. robertinOK

robertinOK Karting

Dec 5, 2003
    Stillwater, Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    RobertWakeling.com
    Anyone have any experience of type or placement of rear speakers in the boxer? My 308 GTS has had some very nice enclosures installed inside the louvered panel by the fuel filler; these work very well, but would look bad with just the glass on the boxer.

2. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    The BB512i already has rear speakers in the seat backs. Plus, what could sound better than that wonderful flat-12 anyway ?

3. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I saw a 308 last week with speakers behind the seats cut into the carpet & most likely the heat shield - Is that an option? They were about mid back behind the seats.

4. Drew Altemara

Drew Altemara Formula 3

Feb 11, 2002
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Full Name:
    Drew Altemara
    I think there is room on back bottom "shelf" that is covered with carpet behind the seats. This space is hollow and you should be able to fit some nice rear speakers if they are not too big.

5. atlantaman

atlantaman Formula 3

Mar 31, 2002
    Roswell, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Charles
    I have a custom molded fiberglass pannel that houses 4 speakers just behind your head. I have a mold for this and can produce them readily--I sell them for 100.00 each but getting them covered is up to you.
    You will beed to remove the "verticle" pannel but leave the 2 shelf pannels in place. The new pannel is tapered on the ends so you WILL NOT loose your view thru the little windows

I am not in town and do not have pics on my laptop--will post some saturday.
    Dr.Tommy--if you read this, post a pic please--he just bought one from me for his 308.

6. atlantaman

atlantaman Formula 3

Mar 31, 2002
    Roswell, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Charles
    this panel is for 308--have not tried it in a boxer

7. simonc

simonc Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Herfordshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Campbell
    My 365 Boxer had some cheap speakers screwed into the firewall behind the seats when I bought it, and they did not work. I spent a day rewiring the radio and four speakers correctly because it looked like like it had been fitted by an imbecile. At the end of this it sounded great so I decided to go for a drive. As soon as I started the engine the driver's rear speaker whined like crazy (my car is a right-hand drive car, by the way), it was just picking up massive interference from the ingition unit which is mounted on the other side of the firewall.

I gave up and disconnected the speakers !

8. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Funny - My rear speakers in my 328 also looked liked they were installed by a jackass. I also uninstalled them.