Remaining question about ticket refund..? | FerrariChat

Remaining question about ticket refund..?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by carguy, Oct 27, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    For those of us who purchased tickets through another vendor and NOT from the Indy ticket counter....were refunds still sent out? Were they sent to the vendor and then they were supposed to forward it onto us....the end user? I have tried in vain to contact Grand Prix Tickets for a while now and cannot get any response. Their website is f1-gpt.com and I would welcome any and all opinions on this issue. I'm probably out of luck...but I would like some kind of official response.

2. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Get it directly from the horses mouth, call Indy. If they sent money to Grand Prix and they pocketed it, then call them to get it back and leave them a deadline for them to return your call. Let them know you'll rat them out on the boards if they don't respond and cooperate. Good luck.

3. don_xvi

don_xvi F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Outside Detroit
    Full Name:
    Don the 16th
    Hmm, in your case it sounds like if you hadn't gotten direction to the contrary from them ahead of time you should have used the stub refund option (they processed refunds on stubs sent in before sending refunds to the purchasers of record). Sounds like that company has your refund money and now it'll be up to you to get it out of them.

4. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I did call the Indy ticket counter, and they simply said I was out of luck...nothing they could do. I thought I'd thrown my ticket stub away in disgust at the race, but my girlfriend kept hers. Just the other day I found my stub crumpled up under the driver's seat of my car. But now it's too late to file the claim that way per the lady at Indy. I kept hearing about only those people with stubs would get the initial round of refunds, and then everyone else would follow "some kinda procedure....that somebody would come up with.....that somebody would let you know about". I have sent 3 emails to Grand Prix tickets in the last two days without a response. I was polite but firm in saying I would like some direction on how to resolve this issue or I would explore other means. I'm not sure what to do next....or even if it's worth the trouble? Should I contact Michelin?

5. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    The deadlines were pretty clear, and you missed them.

6. don_xvi

don_xvi F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Outside Detroit
    Full Name:
    Don the 16th
    I'd say your only shot is with the company you bought the ticket from. Michelin has, by now, paid them (as the registered holder of the tickets) through IMS, so they'll just send you back to the ticket company (who is, of course, laughing all the way to the bank with their profit from selling you the ticket plus the face value of the ticket that they got refunded!)
    I think you're going to be stuck trying to go through them for a refund, and even then you're on shaky ground as they, of course, made no warranty on what you'd get to see with your ticket, and just aren't as generous as Michelin in refunding tickets. Good luck.

7. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    I had actually forgotten about all this. My ticket was sent to me thru the FCA National Meet package and I still have my stub. Am I out of luck now too? It's not a big deal to me either way but if I could still get a refund I just might send it in.

How do I find out?

8. don_xvi

don_xvi F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Outside Detroit
    Full Name:
    Don the 16th
    It's too late. The deadline for sending in stubs was months ago.

9. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Okay the "stubs" deadline has come and gone. But what about all the people who didn't keep their stubs....what happened to them?

10. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    oh well.

No big deal. A refund on my ticket would only be about 0.000000000000023% of what that week cost me to begin with.

11. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    This wasn't rocket science boys and girl. If you had a stub and you sent it in, you got a refund. No stub, no refund. Miss the dates, no refund.

12. don_xvi

don_xvi F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Outside Detroit
    Full Name:
    Don the 16th
    If you didn't send a stub in to them (for whatever reason), they refunded the money to the ticket holder of record at the address they had on file for them. This was really a good way to handle it, so that people that bought tickets from other individuals, etc could get the refund instead of some ebay seller getting money for selling the ticket plus the refund check.

P.S.-Jim, don't apply at NASA... ;)