Repaint my hood prior to sale???? | FerrariChat

Repaint my hood prior to sale????

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by darkalley, Mar 31, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. darkalley

darkalley Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2004
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I am putting my M3 up for sale soon and the car looks great except for the hood. For some reason, on M3's the hood gets really peppered. There are about 6-8 normal stone chips in the clear coat but nothing to the primer on the hood. the hood has about 50 pinhead size chips all over the hood. They tend to attract wax which makes the little ones stand out. What do you think?

I would take pics and have the receipt showing it was not painted to repair accident damage.

2. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I wouldn't paint it if the car has all original paint right now. I like to know what I am starting with, and paint always carries a story. If its been painted before, not a big deal to do the hood. I think its best to show the car as it is and let the buyer decide on having it done... perhaps tell him if he pays asking price you will take care of the chips.